Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at BPS tonight lookin around and they had one in 357 with a 3"/ 3.5" barrel. Man what a GREAT feeling little pistol!! I mean it felt perfect in my hands. The size was perfect. May just have to add one to my "list"! :D

Who has one? Do you love it?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine's a 2.25 bbl but all the same and it's good stuff....Built like a tank and a great addition to any family . It's a twofer 38 spcl/357 mag. Buy it b4 I do........

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,795 Posts
I have one. Nice gun. More people need revolvers than have them.

I wish it had adjustable sights.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
I have a Ruger SP101 in 327 Federal....talk about fine...

the stock triggers are horrible....my has been to the gun Dr and is much much better

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's still there at BPS. I saw it this afternoon. Nifty little pistol. I like the way it balances -- a little nose heavy.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Can't go wrong with one. I have shot and owned 3 different SP 101,s and all of the triggers on them suited me fine. Maybe I got lucky?

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
A local guy who worked on several folks revolvers for ICORE did my Ruger SP-101 trigger job. It was a little tricky, but I was happy with the result....Got it down from about 14 lbs double action to about 6 or 7 lbs I guess...I never shoot a DA revolver in SA mode

If you'd like his name and ph # pm me. Most every Ruger I've ever seen from the factory had a crappy trigger....its a very subjective thing....One mans "good to go" is another man's "I gotta have this fixed"

I love the SP101 beefy frame....its why I like Ruger Revos...built like tanks...but they drive like one also...thus the trigger job...

The 327 Federal is a hot round...you'll be glad you had the extra beef up front when you touch one off...

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
327 Fed Mag is a lot hotter than any 38 +p....its quite a blast actually....closer to a full house 357 mag than you would think...just not as much recoil....

The 327 Federals are big time velocity

The beauty of the gun chambered in that 327 Federal caliber is that I can shoot 32 H&R mags, 32 S&W Long and 32 SW shorts in it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought my dad a .357 SP101 for Christmas. Bought it new, was "slightly used" by the time he unwrapped it at Christmas! ;)

·
Registered
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But of course! Gotta make sure it is "safe"!

Here ya go dad. Got you this broken in sp101 and half a box of shells! Hope you like! Lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts