Anyone heard the rumors about FEG starting back up their firearms manufacturing? There are a couple of forum threads, here and here. Below are the high points because the threads are pretty long. May be one or two things that I left out but excited to see if anything comes of this.
- Currently going through ATF approval process to import SA85m AK pistols. They have 200 or so already made. Price estimated <$1k. ETA: however long it takes ATF to approve.
- The Hungarian Army uses FEG-manufactured SVDs and are looking to upgrade. FEG is planning to buy back the rifles to try and import into the US. Price estimated between $4500-$6000. ETA: 8 months.
- FEG has design drawings of the SVD and is talking with Tortort (receiver manufacturer in US) about manufacturing SVD receivers in the US.
- They have some antique SVDs that were manufactured pre-1970, but they are unlikely to be imported.
- After they get the SA85m and SVDs rolling out, they will begin trying to import AMD65 AK pistols.
- They are planning on manufacturing a FEG Hi Power with rails and threaded barrel and suppressor sights.
- Hungarian army is planning on releasing surplus FEG Hi Power pistols, and they have a good chance to purchase them for import into the US.
- They have a whole lot of surplus parts including AK, Hi Power, and SVD furniture and mags and are planning on manufacturing new parts including some hard-to-find magazines.
- They are selling 100 hand signed limited edition amd65 and ak63 series posters with FEG cert of authenticity and signed by renowned FEG weapons designer Zala Karoly.