Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone heard the rumors about FEG starting back up their firearms manufacturing? There are a couple of forum threads, here and here. Below are the high points because the threads are pretty long. May be one or two things that I left out but excited to see if anything comes of this.

• Currently going through ATF approval process to import SA85m AK pistols. They have 200 or so already made. Price estimated <$1k. ETA: however long it takes ATF to approve.
  • The Hungarian Army uses FEG-manufactured SVDs and are looking to upgrade. FEG is planning to buy back the rifles to try and import into the US. Price estimated between $4500-$6000. ETA: 8 months.
  • FEG has design drawings of the SVD and is talking with Tortort (receiver manufacturer in US) about manufacturing SVD receivers in the US.
  • They have some antique SVDs that were manufactured pre-1970, but they are unlikely to be imported.
  • After they get the SA85m and SVDs rolling out, they will begin trying to import AMD65 AK pistols.
  • They are planning on manufacturing a FEG Hi Power with rails and threaded barrel and suppressor sights.
  • Hungarian army is planning on releasing surplus FEG Hi Power pistols, and they have a good chance to purchase them for import into the US.
  • They have a whole lot of surplus parts including AK, Hi Power, and SVD furniture and mags and are planning on manufacturing new parts including some hard-to-find magazines.
  • They are selling 100 hand signed limited edition amd65 and ak63 series posters with FEG cert of authenticity and signed by renowned FEG weapons designer Zala Karoly.
Edited to add:
  • Potential to get ~500 new condition, FEG-marked M52 Mosin Snipers. Price estimated <$1000. Links: 1, Pics: 1
  • Potential to get 200 FEG-marked ceremonial SKSs. Link 1
  • Many other firearms in storage: Hungarian TT-33/Tokagypt

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,732 Posts
Anyone heard the rumors about FEG starting back up their firearms manufacturing? There are a couple of forum threads, here and here. Below are the high points because the threads are pretty long. May be one or two things that I left out but excited to see if anything comes of this.

• Currently going through ATF approval process to import SA85m AK pistols. They have 200 or so already made. Price estimated <$1k. ETA: however long it takes ATF to approve.
  • The Hungarian Army uses FEG-manufactured SVDs and are looking to upgrade. FEG is planning to buy back the rifles to try and import into the US. Price estimated between $4500-$6000. ETA: 8 months.
  • FEG has design drawings of the SVD and is talking with Tortort (receiver manufacturer in US) about manufacturing SVD receivers in the US.
  • They have some antique SVDs that were manufactured pre-1970, but they are unlikely to be imported.
  • After they get the SA85m and SVDs rolling out, they will begin trying to import AMD65 AK pistols.
  • They are planning on manufacturing a FEG Hi Power with rails and threaded barrel and suppressor sights.
  • Hungarian army is planning on releasing surplus FEG Hi Power pistols, and they have a good chance to purchase them for import into the US.
  • They have a whole lot of surplus parts including AK, Hi Power, and SVD furniture and mags and are planning on manufacturing new parts including some hard-to-find magazines.
  • They are selling 100 hand signed limited edition amd65 and ak63 series posters with FEG cert of authenticity and signed by renowned FEG weapons designer Zala Karoly.
Bring it on, please!!! :)

Reactions: maxhush and DC7

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just remembered that he also mentioned FEG-marked Mosins and SKSs.. will keep updating as I remember things or see new things. No mention of who will be importing.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,737 Posts
At the prices listed above they can keep them.

Reactions: Msgo76 and DC7

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the prices listed above they can keep them.
Agreed it's all very pricey, but I'm hoping some of those will come down. I think they're probably just being conservative on the prices until the plans are more firm.

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
Love FEG, This is one of my favorites, my hi-power clone, pic is older and does not do it any justice. Its has a gorgeous finish and lines. Notice the vent ribs?

IMG_0178.jpg

Reactions: DC7 and rigrat

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
I had one of the feg GKK? .45 HP/S&W type pistols. southern ohio gun used to have 2 pages full of out of production feg pistols in shotgun news. I think that one was $299 or less. it was a fine blued piece, should of never got rid of it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love FEG, This is one of my favorites, my hi-power clone, pic is older and does not do it any justice. Its has a gorgeous finish and lines. Notice the vent ribs?

View attachment 146823
Nice! I had one of the Hi Power clones with the S&W internals but wasn't a big fan and sold it. I'd rather have one of the true Hi Power clones. One with the vent rib would be even better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts