close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Russian diplomat condemns US for downing Syrian fighter jet

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by triggerman454, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. triggerman454

triggerman454 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Russian diplomat condemns US for downing Syrian fighter jet

I'd suggest, Sergei, increasing the life insurance on your buddies fighter pilots.

Just sayin' :)

[​IMG]

2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Targeting US aircraft could be a huge mistake. :hmm:

3. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Whichever side "wins" in Syria, the US loses. I don't see a real national security point in us being there (multinational globalist corporations however would love to build a pipeline through there...). Sometimes a stable dictatorship is preferable to an unstable region or a stable theocracy from a US national interest perspective. Look at what happened with Iran under Carter (or Iraq and the creation of ISIS under Barky/Hldebeast, or Libya, or Yemen, or...).

Reagan was the most masterful handling I've seen of the ME (if you don't count the Germans getting the region stirred up to give the British a headache during WWII). Neither side was our friend, so he sold weapons to both sides at a profit, let them grind each other down, and kept them out of our hair for a decade, always making sure neither won by balancing what he sold them and keeping us out of any direct involvement. Later administrations let that erode and here we are. Sometimes realpolitik is the best way to go in the US national interest. Syria is a situation where two (or more) of our enemies are fighting and the Russians are pouring their national resources into it. Let them. Create some sort of enforced safe zone, if you feel we must do something, and prevent refugees, at the most.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Rustyfingers and 94LEVERFAN like this.
  4. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

maxhush and LeansVeryRight2016 like this.
  5. 45flattop

45flattop Distinguished Poster

Jackson
    Eat you know what, Ivan!!!

6. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Australia has ceased all air ops until further notice, as Russia has announced it would consider all US / Allied ops as "hostile".

7. Rw

Rw Moderator Staff Member

borchst?