Mississippi Gun Owners banner

S&W 57

Tags
s&w
1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  patchz 
#1 ·
I got a chance this afternoon to shoot my new to me S&W 57. It's a handful with the full power loads. I need to find some cast bullets and load some plinkin' rounds. Found this one in a pawns shop yesterday. It's a 1980 Model 57 no-dash, pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. It had a rubber Hogue grip on it but I borrowed a correct set off another S&W for the photos. I'll be ordering a set soon. I was surprised after I wiped the nasty film and fingerprints off it that the bluing is 90%+.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

Material property

And here it is hanging out with a couple other .41's.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice. Love to have one myself, but a 58 is on my wish list. There's just something about a 4" 58 that calls to me, maybe because it looks a lot like a big brother to my 3" model 13. When I was carrying my 6 1/2" 29 on duty, there were six or seven others carrying 4" 29s and one friend in security with a 4" 57.

#6 ·
I got a chance this afternoon to shoot my new to me S&W 57. It's a handful with the full power loads. I need to find some cast bullets and load some plinkin' rounds. Found this one in a pawns shop yesterday. It's a 1980 Model 57 no-dash, pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. It had a rubber Hogue grip on it but I borrowed a correct set off another S&W for the photos. I'll be ordering a set soon. I was surprised after I wiped the nasty film and fingerprints off it that the bluing is 90%+.

View attachment 186995
View attachment 186997
View attachment 186999

And here it is hanging out with a couple other .41's. View attachment 187001
Good job Mr Marty, I'm jealous

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.