close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S&W mod 29 4"

Discussion in 'Sold' started by Caleb C, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    I'm looking for a S&W mod 29 with a 4" barrel. It must be blued but the condition of the finish isn't critical. An older gun would be preferable but something newer would also suffice.

I can trade, partial trade, or pay cash. I might have a good shooter that you need to sweeten the deal.

I'm a Rebel and 22lrfan like this.
  2. patchz

patchz Court Jester

3. Caleb C

Lake, MS
    You'd think there would be more of these available. They've been in production since the 50s. I guess when people get them they don't let them go.

4. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Unless they have a bout of stupid attack them, like I did when I sold my 6 1/2". :(

5. Trashy

Trashy Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

CalebC, it's true about the 29 being in production since the 50's, but the 4" are harder to come by.

6. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    For a very long time people preferred the 6" and 8 3/8" barrels due to less muzzle blast and many folks figured if they were going with a .44 magnum, they were going to get all the velocity out of it that they could. 4" bbl Model 29s weren't all that popular until the more recent years of production. And, Dirty Harrys' wasn't a 4". :D

7. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

Love my 4" model 29; competes closely with my 41 mag for best all around revolver

8. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Elmer Keith proved a 4" could be a very effective long range gun.

I'm a Rebel and fordpkup like this.
  9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Always wanted a 4" model 29.

I'm a Rebel likes this.
  10. Rachet_36

Rachet_36 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Saw one on a table at the show this last weekend. 4" Blue $850

11. O.S.O.K.

O.S.O.K. Distinguished Poster

I had a nice 6" at one time. I prefer single action for the 44 Mag but I have to admit the 29's are sweet.

Rachet_36 likes this.
  12. Caleb C

Lake, MS
    I saw that one too. It looked to be a new gun. The price wasn't terrible but I'm still kind of holding out for an older gun.

rigrat likes this.