Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,491 Posts
Kinda interesting to me. I've often looked at the 380 model thinking that it should have been a 9mm.

Wonder if it is bigger or same size.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,491 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,491 Posts
Nope $400 at PSA. Thats kinda high when most 9mm in the same catagory run $300-350.

Reactions: maxhush

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,296 Posts
I wondered what all the big fuss was a year or two ago. M&P Shield. So I ran across one and bought a 40 cal with Crimson Trace laser from the factory. I like toting it. I have been carrying one in my shop and when I go deer hunting. I heard a pack of coyotoes howling and running something close to where I deer hunt the other night. I like the feeling of having that laser and 40 cal when I walk from my shoot house to my 4 wheeler at night. I know they usually stay clear of humans. But that screaming type of howl makes your skin crawl at night when walking with your rifle on your shoulder. I usually have my binoculars on one shoulder and my rifle on the other and one hand holding a light.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I’m getting one in a couple of weeks . It will be my 6th M&p. I love all of mine and they shooter well for me. The reason they work for me is the grip angle, it is perfect fit for me. I’m thinking about a M&p 22 also. Mine have been totally reliable and shoot factory and reloads equally well. This is not a bash of anything else, just my preference.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,673 Posts
I’m getting one in a couple of weeks . It will be my 6th M&p. I love all of mine and they shooter well for me. The reason they work for me is the grip angle, it is perfect fit for me. I’m thinking about a M&p 22 also. Mine have been totally reliable and shoot factory and reloads equally well. This is not a bash of anything else, just my preference.
@patchz

Reactions: patchz

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I wondered what all the big fuss was a year or two ago. M&P Shield. So I ran across one and bought a 40 cal with Crimson Trace laser from the factory. I like toting it. I have been carrying one in my shop and when I go deer hunting. I heard a pack of coyotoes howling and running something close to where I deer hunt the other night. I like the feeling of having that laser and 40 cal when I walk from my shoot house to my 4 wheeler at night. I know they usually stay clear of humans. But that screaming type of howl makes your skin crawl at night when walking with your rifle on your shoulder. I usually have my binoculars on one shoulder and my rifle on the other and one hand holding a light.
How’s the recoil on the .40? I have the 9mm and it’s soft. Always wondered how the .40 would feel on that frame.

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
I will let you know after I shoot it. I have been so busy for the last few months getting the fields ready for hunting and checking my deer rifles. Then I had a bunch of rifle to clean and check for a friend. The little pistol looks like it has never been shot. I plan to run some of my handguns through the paces soon and since I like carrying it, it will probably be first.

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
In answer to your question Gunsinger about the 40 shield; I sighted in a couple rifles today. Before I left I decided to empty the magazine in the M&P 40 Shield that I have toted for the last couple months. I have carried it on my tractor and deer hunting a couple times. The gun shot flawlessly. A little more recoil that a full size 9mm Glock. But more of a quick thump. Barrel rises some but comes quickly down for next shot. I used the laser first four shots and it was a little high and to the right Then I took aim using the sights ,free handed at 7 paces-20-21 feet and hit bottom edge of bulls eye, next shot top edge of bulls eye. Bullseye is approximately 1 inch red dot. I am very very pleased for a short barrel pistol that is accurate enough to shoot a snake in the head at 20 feet. I know that there are fusses about why have a 40 when you have a 45 and 9mm. I say why not. I don,t want to be on the receiving end of any with modern ammo and bullets. And I have noticed that the prices for 40 cal ammo has been coming down closer to 9mm than what it was 2-3 years ago.

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN
1 - 15 of 15 Posts