Safe place to buy a private party gun in Jackson

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by Forestbrook, Aug 18, 2019.

1. lazi

lazi Distinguished Poster

Who told you that?

rc likes this.
  2. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Car theft and other theft is pretty common at home depot stores, they have gotten quite lax at prosecuting shoplifters. The majority of the cars stolen there have the keys left in them with more than half of those left running. All but one of the 5 or so stolen at clinton store when i worked there were running with no one in them.
    Main reason clinton got that store was the jackson store on 18 was infested with thieves so it was transferred. They lost a bunch of customers from that area with the move, they refused to come to clinton due to how thorough clinton pd is. That info came directly from customers btw..
    The north jackson store has always been high on the loss scale, ever since it opened. That came from the regional loss prevention manager. Its profits remain high despite the loss due to high traffic, that is only reason it has not been closed.

Also that walmart on 18 at one time led the entire walmart chain in theft loss, that is from a now deceased walmart manager i knew. It now moves among the top spots with various other bad locations.

rc, LeansVeryRight2016 and NRA_guy like this.

3. claytobsdad

claytobsdad Active Member

Good advice here. I've made several deals with guys where we were both carrying and never had a problem. I prefer PD parking lots for the reasons stated.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  4. pkett44

pkett44 Distinguished Poster

Stick to folks on this site, I would meet most of them anywhere , anytime.

AColbe01, rc, 1010 and 7 others like this.
  5. Forestbrook

Forestbrook Full Poster

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a G26 at a decent price.

DEADEYE 1 and rigrat like this.
  6. pkett44

pkett44 Distinguished Poster

Might want to post on the wanted section. Usually one will show up if they know someone is looking.

7. Doc

Doc Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Bass Pro - or Lowes in Flowood or Academy Flowood or Academy in Madison ....

AColbe01, Paw-Paw, para40 and 2 others like this.
  8. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

............. :yeah:

I've done a "deal" in that ball park parking lot next to Bass Pro once upon a time... and went across the street to do another "deal" in the Sam's Club parking lot... :)

9. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.

Vicksburg
    Y'all are confusing me:

Bass Pro and Sam's (which somebody else mentioned) are nowhere near Countylilne Road.

But Target is on Countyline Road, of course.

Off the topic, but who in their right mind would locate a Lowe's in the congested area of Countyline Road? Yeah, I know---technically it is NOT in the Jackson city limits, but it is a terrible place to try to get to and an area that is on the decline.

10. Ravendriver

Ravendriver Distinguished Poster

I bought a Remington 870 shotgun this morning in front of Ridgeland PD. The lobby was closed, but there is an intercom which I used to advise a dispatcher that I was purchasing a firearm. She said thanks, and she would keep an eye out on their security cameras.

At least three patrol cars drove by while I was there and no one stopped. I suspect that this is a common occurence, i.e. no big deal, and very safe.

AColbe01, rc, sodeepopkid and 2 others like this.
  11. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I think me and Shoe did it right Friday...met at Berry’s in Florence. The Teen Challenge girls could’ve come to his rescue if I’d tried anything!

After that buffet though, I had trouble staying awake at work later

rc, para40, rigrat and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tim18wheels

Tim18wheels Distinguished Poster

I met one of our MSGO members at Love's in Flowood. I would meet somewhere in general public that was not too shady, a parking lot or restaurant works.

When I am meeting someone, I am probably carrying, and I assume the other person is carrying.

When I buy from someone, I like to keep my priate sale private. Really prefer not to answer stupid questions like, "If you are not sure you can trust a guy, why are you buying, selling, or trading a gun with him?" For that reason and what @rigrat said, I would shy away from meeting in a police parking lot.

Mesquite and rigrat like this.
  13. Blue Moose

Blue Moose Full Poster

I always meet buyers/seller in the Bass Pro parking lot. It's generally a safe crowd and people don't look at you funny if you pull out a firearm.

14. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

When visiting friends in low places or high places, always carry Mastercard and Glock Ruger or S&W.

para40 and Mesquite like this.
  15. sodeepopkid

sodeepopkid Distinguished Poster

Laurel
    Awesome carry gun.

16. rc

rc Chief cook and bottle washer

Hinds Co
    Parking lot of MHP !

17. bwct

bwct Distinguished Poster

I've used Kroger parking lots at I55 and Madison; and parking lot at Broad Street. But all transactions were with MSGO members.

18. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    I have met people at Bass Pro, Agi Museum parking lot, Flying J, and Walmart, but I don't have a problem meeting people most anywhere in Jackson, it ain't as scary as ya'll act like.

Chicknman, A B and BladeZealot like this.
  19. drice561

drice561 Member

I’ll meet anywhere usually, but I choose places like BPS, Sam’s, etc. just for the other party’s sake in making them feel more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rigrat likes this.