Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son got a Savage 111 in 270 Winchester, no accutrigger. We are trying to find a 1 pc base (inexpensive one) so we can get a scope mounted on it.

My question is will a scope base for a long action 110 accutrigger work?

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
You have to look at the shape of the rear of the receiver on savages and action length to get the right rail. I would recommend getting an egw for about $35. They are nice.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got a flat rear and rounded front on the action. .270 Win is a long action.

But how do I figure that out when ordering online?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to look at the shape of the rear of the receiver on savages and action length to get the right rail. I would recommend getting an egw for about $35. They are nice.
Hey RW thank you EGW website had a video explaining the Savage actions. I now know it is called a flat back (1964-2002) and will not use a mount for a accutrigger which is a round back.
I now have to take a measurement as the flat back has 3 action sizes, long, medium, and short. I doubt it is a short but I guess it could possibly be a medium but I think it is a long.

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be a long. Older ones are all long action, even my 223 is. Forgot to add that before.
According to EGW they made short , medium and long action flat backs. I'll get it again and measure it to be sure and post back. I feel like it is a long action being .270 but never know.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep spot on RW, Long Action.

Measures 4.6 between center holes and 3.8 action opening.

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Good solid rifles. I sold 2 of the older Savage rifles to my hunting buddies. No problems with either. If you lived closer, I might have a base for a Savage but it is just a Weaver. Happy hunting.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m going to Academy sports today and see what they have. It’s the older flat rear style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts