Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in February I was shooting my Model 10 and partway through the day it started de-cocking when the bolt was closed, I assumed it was from the trigger being set too light as occasionally it would de-cock and I would have to pop the bolt up to re-cock and then fire.
I pulled it apart the other day when I finally got the time and a little metal piece dropped out of the action when I removed it from the stock, it turns out there was a parts failure (I believe it's the sear, but I don't know as I've never really looked at how triggers operate and the terminology of parts) and this is causing the bolt to de-cock who put into battery.

Are there any gunsmiths on/around the coast (Gulfport area preferred) that would be able to replace this and look over the gun for me?

Kinda difficult to see but this is the failure.
Gun Revolver Trigger Finger Airsoft gun

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
Call savage, they will fix it. Most likely they will want you to send it in but i have had them send parts if you sign a waiver. The sear breaking like that is considered a safety thing with them and it will be free. They sent me a sear spring free a few months ago.

That is a 5 minute repair btw, knock out that pin it pivots on and the sear will come out. The only semi hard part is getting the sear spring back in. Call savage and get the part, i can walk you through repairing it if need be.

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call savage, they will fix it. Most likely they will want you to send it in but i have had them send parts if you sign a waiver. The sear breaking like that is considered a safety thing with them and it will be free. They sent me a sear spring free a few months ago.

That is a 5 minute repair btw, knock out that pin it pivots on and the sear will come out. The only semi hard part is getting the sear spring back in. Call savage and get the part, i can walk you through repairing it if need be.
Will do, thanks!
Sounds like a simple enough repair, I doubt I'll have issues replacing it.

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is actually pretty impressive. Hope you get it all figured out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I'm not really sure how the sear would fail like that unless it was a high round count gun (it doesn't appear to be) or there was a defect in the part.
Emailed Savage with the photo and details and hopefully I'll hear back from them fairly soon.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
I'm not really sure how the sear would fail like that unless it was a high round count gun (it doesn't appear to be) or there was a defect in the part.
Emailed Savage with the photo and details and hopefully I'll hear back from them fairly soon.
They are usually slow on email, but really quick on the phone. Or you could buy a rifle basix one.

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are usually slow on email, but really quick on the phone. Or you could buy a rifle basix one.
Good to know, thanks.
I'm cheap so I'll handle it through Savage :lol2:

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Trigger work is never simple. Yours needs to be replaced entirely along with a new sear assy. From the picture, it looks like a crack almost all the way through on what would be the right side. It's hard to tell from the picture,(a very good picture BTW) but it looks like the end of the trigger containing trig. adjustment screw is gone.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,886 Posts
Good luck. I repaired a Savage 110 pre -accutrigger. The 17 year old boy was watching a racked buck and forgot to flip the safety off and broke the trigger in half. I ordered a trigger from Numrich but if you can get the sear from Savage for free, that is better. Good luck. I see that crack now, good picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts