Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
miker84 said:
Is deep enough for the NFA markings? It might be, but it looks shallow in the photo.
BMS is certified by the ATF for NFA engraving. The necessary markings are all well within the requirements.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The letters are .100 height and .003 deep it very hard to tell height and depth for a pic. I have tested the laser and how many passes it takes to make sure everything is to depth

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Bmachine5 said:
The letters are .100 height and .003 deep it very hard to tell height and depth for a pic. I have tested the laser and how many passes it takes to make sure everything is to depth
Excellent!

:bigtu:

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,301 Posts
JKtruck150 said:
Those look great!
Yes Sir they do, I hope to have them in possession on friday so I can drool over them in person.

BMS is very easy to deal with if any of Y'all are wondering, I wouldn't hesitate to have more engraving done by them.

Thank you Ricky for the engraving.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is a bit late but I wanted to add... when I was looking for a place to get my SBR engraving done, I actually found that many flower shops do it.

·
Custodial Engineer at Third Monkey Outfitters
3,111 Posts
Will be bringing five to ya there at BMS, soon as I get the stamps!!  Looks great and local too!  Can't beat that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
YourpalBrian said:
This is a bit late but I wanted to add... when I was looking for a place to get my SBR engraving done, I actually found that many flower shops do it.
Be careful about places that don't know about the NFA requirements or have a cheap laser as it will not get the proper depth, the main reason we invested a lot of money for a laser engraver was another machine shop said they could engrave the first 2 lowers 0001 and 0002, well to make a long story short 0002 was not to depth in fact it looked raised like it just burned the alum, as for 0001 it was not even a .001 deep and had a ghost logo half way down the real logo. I was fit to be tied and still had to pay $100 for both. I made sure they knew they would never get business from us and they just destroyed 2 shop demo full auto lowers.

Cost of lowers plus replacements      $250
Machine time for 4 lowers                 $150
Junk Laser engraving                       $100
You can do the math
Buying your own laser                     Priceless for $41,000

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,301 Posts
I got my lowers back from BMS on thursday evening, got my lower put back together last night, and took some pictures today.
I'm very happy with how it turned out and would recommend BMS for any engraving you need on your lower.

I didn't take any pictures of the engraving he did for the trust as I don't have the proper lighting to make the picture turn out.
[/url][/url]

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,053 Posts
can you lazer the 2nd amendment  on a ak lower/receiver ?

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,053 Posts
should not be a problem,  the receiver is square,  
not rivited to the fire arm yet,   here it is just slide onto the furniture,  

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Could someone please post pics of there lower with there trust engraved on it please. 
What's the guidelines for how small the engraving can be?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Canman said:
Could someone please post pics of there lower with there trust engraved on it please. 
What's the guidelines for how small the engraving can be?
The image at the top of this page is one of a trust. It's done on the underside of the lower where the trigger comes out. Almost impossible to see unless someone is REALLY looking for it, but still legal.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts