Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just got back from Bryant's machine shop. He engraved two lowers for me while I waited. Got a peek at some of the stuff they are doing. Silencers, uppers, lowers, forearms, etc...

The engraving was quick, inexpensive, and looks like it was done at the factory. 

I wound up leaving with more stuff than I brought in. :)

Thanks Ricky.

·
Registered
109 Posts
308th_sps said:
Just got back from Bryant's machine shop. He engraved two lowers for me while I waited. Got a peek at some of the stuff they are doing. Silencers, uppers, lowers, forearms, etc...

The engraving was quick, inexpensive, and looks like it was done at the factory. 

I wound up leaving with more stuff than I brought in. :)

Thanks Ricky.
Glad I could help, we pride ourselves on good customer service and precision machining

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Ricky engraved my lower on Wednesday and did an outstanding job. I am very happy to have him close by and I look forward to buying one of his cans in the future.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just back from an engraving session with Ricky at BMS. Great guy, very meticulous and makes sure it is perfect.

He also builds some of the nicest AR's I have ever seen.

That engraving trip is going to cost more than the cost of engraving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, add me to the list of satisfied customers of Ricky. The engraving looks great and I plan to have him do some custom work later on a lower. The guns he is making looked amazing to say the least. He had an AR with a stone gray ceracote(I think he called it titanium?) that will be on my next build.

So, exceptional service (he waited after his normal hours to meet with me), nice guy, building some cool stuff, and I get to support a Mississippi business. What more could you ask for? I guess I am echoing what has already been said but it's always nice to have another review.

·
Custodial Engineer at Third Monkey Outfitters
3,111 Posts
More Kudos to Bryant's, aka Ricky.
Took 5 for him to engrave today.  Was going to leave one of my suppressors to get threaded from old school 7/16 to the new standard 5/8x24.  Also had an Uzi bbl I needed cut down to 10" and recrowned.  Got it all done while I was there this afternoon!!!!!  Enjoyed the visit and getting to look at everything.  Quite enjoyable and awesome pricing to boot.

:bigtu:

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,223 Posts
Bmachine5 said:
All info engraved or machined into the lower must be min .003 deep and 1/16" high.
All this good press means I need to visit Bryant Machine.

Ricky, Can you go deeper with your laser/engraver should the customer request it? Say in the .006-.01 range? Basically to match the depth of the current markings on the lower?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes I can get deeper just let it engrave longer, you can watch, when your happy my work is done. Most of the work I engrave to .005 or deeper.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just visited with Ricky to have some engraving done. Super nice guy and great work. Don't hesitate to go by and do business with him

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,223 Posts
I would agree. I went by today and he did great work. Even moved my engraving over 1/8 inch because I was a bit OCD.

Thanks again Ricky!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414443254.903501.jpg

Sent from my tin can using a string.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is some engraving BMS did for us. I am very happy with it.

Reactions: rangemax

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Got my engraving done this morning at BMS. Can not say enough nice things about them. Kinda felt bad thought I walk in on a employee meeting this morning. Ricky stopped what he was doing and got my lower done.
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I too have to recommend Ricky at Bryant's Machine Shop. He recently did all the laser engraving on my just released product "AK Master Mount" that allows a no drilling or gunsmith needed retrofitting of a side rail to an AK receiver.
mastermount2.JPG

·
Registered
55 Posts
I honestly think Ricky needs a Sticky! This has to be the best place for engraving and machine services in Mississippi.

I went by and visited with Ricky at BMS in Jackson today and was very impressed. He not only able to do my engraving perfectly, but also in a matter of 10-15 minutes. We spent a good part of an hour talking and looking at all the cool stuff he has going on in the shop. He has some really cool upper/lower sets they are working on. Nice finishes to add to just about anything. We were chatting and I just mentioned wanting to find some powder at Vans, and before I knew it he had them on the phone and found some powder.

Ricky, a huge thanks again for the services today, and ones I am sure to come in the future.

Couple of pics of a nice handguard Ricky had finished in a grey dura coat.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Great guy to deal with. I called Ricky a couple of times, he answered some questions I had, plus a few emails and texts, and he did a great job. Definitely went the extra mile! Oh, and they now offer magwell engraving (if there's enough room.)

Thanks much!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 63 Posts