Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the scores from the 6/16/2018 CMP Highpower match. Congratulations to Mr. Heidenthal! As always, thanks to Mr. Morgan for running these matches and for all that helped setup and take down. ...next month, vintage bolt!

20180616_Highpower.jpg

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Anyone know what optics were being used? I think that and a different sling are where I need to start.
Go here: Sign In - National Match Competition

Be prepared to spend some time. Not sure if you're asking about rifle or spotting scopes. Quite a few good rifle scopes under $400. I shoot a Leupold Mark AR. Used to shoot a 3X $150 Nikon that worked well. Many(myself included) are using the Konus spotting scope. Good performer for the money.

Good sling makes a ton of difference. The Turners from Creedmoor are very good and very reasonable.

You're close, and we're minutes from Magnolia. I'll be happy to get with you and share what little I know.

As much fun as it is buying new toys, I suggest taking it slow. Shoot a few matches, ask questions, surf the web, and build your kit item by item.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Check out Dave's prone scores. 3 out of 4 were clean.

Had shade on the line almost entire match, so it was bearable (mostly). I did go through 3 liters of water.

Reactions: stewbaby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out Dave's prone scores. 3 out of 4 were clean.

Had shade on the line almost entire match, so it was bearable (mostly). I did go through 3 liters of water.
I like Nikon! In fact that is what has my fancy tickled now. Man, I would appreciate any advice because I think I could really get into this.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Johnny’ 89 standing is pretty impressive also.

When I get a chance I’ll start a unofficial ‘high scores’ spreadsheet tracker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts