Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my modest collection of working 1911,they get shot. I have 6 others mothballed,more of investment (colt,old and new mix) and not to be shot (one I did,enjoyed it but wished I hadn’t).
Hopefully they keep growing as I do enjoy tinkering with them,as money and time allows.
Top to bottom
RIA baby rock .380
RIA commander 45acp
RIA commander double stack 22tcm/9mm
Taurus GI 38super
Springfield GI 45acp
RIA GI 38super
RIA GI .40 S&W
BCBFD74C-A909-4041-AF5B-BDC561F7FC1B.jpeg

Let’s see some of y’all’s working 1911’s. No closet or safe queen. Let’s see what you shoot!

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,083 Posts
my modest collection of working 1911,they get shot. I have 6 others mothballed,more of investment (colt,old and new mix) and not to be shot (one I did,enjoyed it but wished I hadn’t).
Hopefully they keep growing as I do enjoy tinkering with them,as money and time allows.
Top to bottom
RIA baby rock .380
RIA commander 45acp
RIA commander double stack 22tcm/9mm
Taurus GI 38super
Springfield GI 45acp
RIA GI 38super
RIA GI .40 S&W
View attachment 162323
Let’s see some of y’all’s working 1911’s. No closet or safe queen. Let’s see what you shoot!
This is Rig's fault if anything happens.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That .40 is sweet.

View attachment 162333

She's a safe queen but I'll run her just the same as my trade in glocks.

Plug for @MrClean for the coating
I actually like shooting 40 out of it. The weight of the pistol helps out a lot with the recoil of full power rounds.
Since I’ve had this pistol I’ve done zero mods to it,it was perfect when I got it. Touchy trigger and all lol

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's an enviable collection there ellis.
And want more RIA’s. Very good pistols.
I am looking at the 2011 versions they are offering. 1000$ for them over the others out there is tempting but for now......I have to hold off.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry you are over your quota. I will have to confiscate one of those.:D
Funny thing! My wife caught me taking that picture and rolled her eyes over to peer in my safe, sighed and said “Ellis,there’s something wrong with you! You need to sell some of these!”
I said “Nope......I need to sell a couple of horses first!” Lol

She’s plotting on my shooters!

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had one in .45, it was a great pistol.
I want one in 10mm now.
That’s a caliber I have on my list but not for that platform. I want one in 9mm or 38super. I want to build a single stack in 10mm. I’ve got a barrel lol
Baby steps.

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
That’s a caliber I have on my list but not for that platform. I want one in 9mm or 38super. I want to build a single stack in 10mm. I’ve got a barrel lol
Baby steps.
I've been wanting to build a 1911 myself but I dont wanna mess it up.

Expensive mistake.
I mean like break the files out and do some custom work. No "drop in"

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been wanting to build a 1911 myself but I dont wanna mess it up.

Expensive mistake.
Tools! You gotta buy tools and books! I’m buying both right now and reading......learning. Finding a few no BS builders on YouTube helps as well. No telling how much dinner break time I’ve spent trying to read or watch vids.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts