close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seeking RSO Certification

Discussion in 'Training' started by Chris Boyd, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Active Member

SW MS
    Anyone know of any clubs or groups giving an RSO class anytime this year? The NRA website list a few clubs in Louisiana giving classes in the next few months but they're either a bit pricey or too far to drive.

2. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

3. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Please note that the NRA RSO certification is NOT the same as CMP "Range Officer Training". NRA and CMP have apparently parted ways in more ways than one, not the least of which is in the National Matches at Camp Perry . . . so be sure you are getting the certification you want / need. I am certain both will be good training, but one may or may not substitute for the other. Then there are RSO certifications for some of the 3-gun and action pistol disciplines that are different as well, IIRC.

4. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Active Member

SW MS
    Our club is NRA affiliated and has had NRA RSO classes in the past, before I joined. We have been short on volunteers for different events recently and I would like to get the RSO certificate so I can start helping out more. I plan to get as much training as I can find relatively close and can afford. The CMP training would be on that list. But I really want an NRA RSO to start with. Many of our members are getting up in years and have been shouldering the brunt of the work. I feel it's time some of the younger members (if you call can 40 young) start picking up some of the load.

22lrfan, Mesquite and Scharfschütze like this.
  5. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

I am looking for the same thing .... We, at Magnolia R&PC, have been toying with offering the NRA Certification to our RSOs.

CajunBP likes this.
  6. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Active Member

SW MS
    I actually just emailed Magnolia yesterday to inquire about this issue. I was mostly curious to know if a non club member would be allowed to attend any RSO class they might offer.

7. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Greetings all! Capt not sure if we need to put it somewhere else but we can organize an RSO class at CRPC. We usually have 3 or 4 a year. I can get with our instructors and see what kinds of dates we can come up with. Then put a sign-up post somewhere! I will check with them today and try to get it back today.