close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Selling Reloading supplies question

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by Brother_Love, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Brother_Love

Brother_Love Distinguished Poster

I am thinking of selling all my Reloading and casting equipment. I haves presses, lube dozers, powder, mold, dies, melting pots, primers. You get the idea.

I don't want to sell a piece at a time. You reckon I would have any luck selling it all as one lot? I really do not have the time to sell everything individually.
    Thanks

2. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Probably at least break up between reloading and casting. People like myself are set on reloading but need casting equipment.

BasMstr and Soonered like this.

3. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I don't think I could swing everything at once so my opinion is obvious......tho I'd like to know what molds you have also press type,make....as I'm in the market for a used progressive with enough throat to load 308 and 338win mag.

Mesquite, BasMstr and Soonered like this.
  4. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I could use a melting pot, but am all good on reloading equipment.

BasMstr and Soonered like this.
  5. jrickhsr

jrickhsr Distinguished Poster

A couple of times, I have tried to sell a bunch of reloading stuff all together and it didn't go so well. I ended up taking the time selling it in smaller lots of like caliber stuff, or like components. I have bought a couple of sizable lots of reloading stuff, but only because I got it really really cheap and then could take my time selling what I didn't need. It will take longer and you'll probably get more for it if you sell a piece at a time, but you could move it more quickly if you are willing to price it for a discounted bulk sale. Just my opinion.

BasMstr likes this.
  6. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

If you sell it as a lot you will get much less. If you don't have the time think of it as listing a few items each week.

Good luck

CajunBP, Mesquite and BasMstr like this.
  7. 45flattop

45flattop Distinguished Poster

Jackson
    :yeah::yeah::yeah: What Sooner said.

Mesquite and BasMstr like this.
  8. gunsinger

gunsinger Who you callin’ a snowflake?

Petal, MS
    I was fortunate enough to sell my Lee reloading gear as a lot but, as others have said, it may have brought more sold individually. I looked at today’s prices and subtracted a percentage for wear and tear. Because I sold as a bundle, the market was limited to those who were looking t get started in reloading, a fairly restricted buyers pool.

I would also agree with the suggestions to separate the reloading from the casting. They are separate but complementary hobbies.

turable.shot, CajunBP and Mesquite like this.
  9. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Brother,
    While I have bought several estates like that, all of it, you won't get but pennies on the dollar. I agree with above that groupings would be fair. Like in selling Ted's stuff now, the good and popular stuff goes right off, then it's time and price reductions that move the rest. I will PM you.

Mesquite likes this.
  10. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Gunsinger, I am using it quite a bit, it went to a good home!

oldguns, RedneckRob, Soonered and 3 others like this.
  11. gunsinger

gunsinger Who you callin’ a snowflake?

Petal, MS
    I’m glad it was put to good use CajunBP. Hate to see good tools wasting away.

Mesquite, RedneckRob and Soonered like this.