close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Service Grade M1 Garands for $730 at CMP

Discussion in 'Mil-Surp/C&R/Black Powder' started by TwangBanger, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Congratulations on your new acquisition :).

Blondie70 likes this.
  2. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

The future is good for the Korean Garand come thru CMP per the latest edition of GCA Journal. That was surprising news for sure.

[​IMG]

steve2112 and HotRod61 like this.

3. shoeshooter

shoeshooter Distinguished Poster

Florence
    While hopeful, we've been hearing about Korean Garands (and USGI .45's) for years now. I ain't holding my breath.

fordpkup likes this.
  4. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Sent in my paperwork today. We'll see what happens.

CajunBP, HotRod61 and TwangBanger like this.
  5. Soonered

Got an email today saying the CMP accepted my paper work and it's being forwarded to sales. Anyone know what that means? Does it just mean I did the paperwork correctly and now I go in the queue to maybe get a rifle, or does it mean they are in stock and I will get one soon, or does it mean something else or nothing at all?

Mesquite and rigrat like this.
  6. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

Byram, MS
    You are in luck!! We routinely call this "do not bug us email." Meaning CMP is processing your order and no need to contact CMP. They would not forward to sales unless if they were out of stock. You will get another email stating it has been shipped via FedEx next day.

7. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

And be prepared to take a day off, or chase the FedEx truck when you get off work. You'll get the email & they'll attempt delivery when you are least likely to be home.

Mesquite likes this.
  8. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

No doubt, I missed mine and had to just go to FedEx and pick it up.

Mesquite and BasMstr like this.
  9. Soonered

I gave them FedEx as the shipping location and said I would pick it.

Mesquite likes this.
  10. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Now is a great time to get one from the CMP. The guys on the forum are reporting 5 to 10 day turnarounds and beautiful rifles.

Mesquite and HotRod61 like this.
  11. Soonered

Mailed my paperwork on 11/1. Got a notice it has been shipped and will get it 11/8. So that’s 8 days including me mailing the forms to them...WOW! That’s impressive. I’ll just need one of you familiar with garands to look it over and tell me what I got.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Mesquite, stewbaby, CajunBP and 4 others like this.
  12. HotRod61

HotRod61 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Congratulations you got a Garand rifle your a winner!!!!

Enjoy it you won't be disappointed.

Mesquite and CajunBP like this.
  13. Soonered

Always wanted the trilogy of us military rifles; garand, 1903m1A, and 30 carbine. Got a 1903 from Mr Doug, a garand from the cmp, and a 30 carbine from captain appears to be in the works. Never thought I would ever get a chance to own these.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    oldguns, Mesquite, fordpkup and 4 others like this.
  14. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Next, you'll need a Trapdoor Springfield, a 1917 and a M14.
    Personally, I've always wanted a M1841 Rifle (known as the "Mississippi rifle", .54 or .58 caliber percussion).

Soonered, Mesquite, 22lrfan and 2 others like this.
  15. Soonered

My version of a trap door is a Shilo Sharps 45-90. Would like an Eddy Stone

TwangBanger likes this.
  16. captain-03

Byram, MS
    You will need either a Winchester or Remington M1917 instead of an 'ol Eddystone!!!

Soonered, TwangBanger and 22lrfan like this.
  17. Soonered

Captain looked over my garand today. Maybe he will give a report for those interested since he knows much more than me. Well captain?

18. captain-03

Byram, MS
    Yea - I was going to do that .... PM me with serial number as I forget to write it down ....

19. captain-03

Byram, MS
    Been meaning to do this for several days. Had the opportunity to look at Soonered’s new acquisition from CMP – M1 Garand Service Grade. In a nutshell, I would be proud to own this rifle! It is a 5M Springfield (some of the last manufactured) produced in 1955. It was rebuilt by Springfield in April 1964 and sports a Springfield barrel dated March 1964. The barrel measurement numbers are great with a ME of 1 and TE of less than 2 according to my gages. It should be a good shooter with these numbers.

Of special interest to me was the stock. Many service grades coming out of CMP this time around sport a NEW manufactured Boyds stock which I would not want on any vintage firearm. While the stock does show handling wear it does have the proper markings to indicate it is original to the rifle. The handling marks are nothing more than “character marks” to me!!

Soonered should be happy with his purchased as it was a “Luck of the Draw.” He certainly could have come out much, much worse – and I have seen and actually received much worse. Again, I would be happy with what he received.

Now go shoot it and have some fun!!

Trailboss, 22lrfan, fordpkup and 2 others like this.