Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Webster County Sheriff, Timothy Seth Mitchell, has been arrested on multiple felony charges... o_O

Webster Co. sheriff arrested on multiple felony charges | Starkville Daily News

From the Starkville Daily News website...

"Webster County's highest law enforcement official was arrested by state investigators Wednesday and charged with a long list of felonies ranging from tampering with evidence to sexual contact with an inmate."

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Even if convicted, will likely get retirement check from MSPERS for rest of his life. Have known other elected criminals who did. Not Right! He took an oath of public trust upon entering his office and the retirement system. If convicted, he didn't earn his retirement benefits, he stole them from all the other good LE invested in the system.

·
Premium Member
10,025 Posts
Even if convicted, will likely get retirement check from MSPERS for rest of his life. Have known other elected criminals who did. Not Right! He took an oath of public trust upon entering his office and the retirement system. If convicted, he didn't earn his retirement benefits, he stole them from all the other good LE invested in the system.
Hopefully, they'll hit him with $Court & fine & restitution $, that he'll never get a sniff of it.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Wasn,t there another sheriff two, or three years ago that was charged on drug charges????

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Seems like something is going on in Webster Co. SO as the last sheriff exited with a legal issue as well, though he wasn't arrested.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Do not know anyone involved, but, from what I have read, this person has been CHARGED with wrongdoing, not CONVICTED. Big difference. He might very well be guilty as sin, but, once upon a time, folks were presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. My $.02.
Many lives ruined over #metoo. Me and wife can’t understand how men are fired over accusations. No proof = no crime?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Do not know anyone involved, but, from what I have read, this person has been CHARGED with wrongdoing, not CONVICTED. Big difference. He might very well be guilty as sin, but, once upon a time, folks were presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. My $.02.
Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal and usually by then the person is ruined.

·
Lord of Butt Hurt - \m/
1,125 Posts
As a 20 year cop myself, nothing makes me happier than to see a POS crooked cop caught and sentenced to the max! I’ve had the pleasure of locking up a few cops myself and it was the absolute best feeling in the world to slap cuffs on these thugs and carry them to jail in the back of their own patrol car. Pure bliss!!!

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Maybe this guy is innocent. I don't know. There's certainly a pattern though. This pattern has existed as long as men have been around. I just don't understand why people don't seem to be able to out think there penis. It's kind of sad.

"I'm tired of calling the shots. Hey, Wiener! You take over for a while. I'll follow you around a pay the bills. Just let me know when you've had enough fun."

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Given the charges, I would venture that they have a mountain of evidence. Let's see if he makes bail and if so, how much. As for innocent until proven guilty, that applies to the courts, not me as an individual LOL...and my bet is he did it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts