1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,416 Posts
A while back, I had heard or read somewhere that you could legally ship a firearm to someone in the same state as you, without going through an FFL. In researching it, I came across this on the ATF website:
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Seems like this could lighten the load on the MSGO "mule train", provided buyers were willing to pay shipping costs.
That's true, however the common carrier (UPS, etc.) may decline to ship it. Partly because it may cross state lines before it gets to the in-state destination, or just because they don't wanna.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,673 Posts
A while back, I had heard or read somewhere that you could legally ship a firearm to someone in the same state as you, without going through an FFL. In researching it, I came across this on the ATF website:
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Seems like this could lighten the load on the MSGO "mule train", provided buyers were willing to pay shipping costs.
On two separate occasions... yes!!! :)

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
I think if u follow the letter of the law it’s a non issue. Look at each shippers requirements. I did not click your link but the last time I read similar it stated long-arms can be shipped in state.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I think if u follow the letter of the law it’s a non issue. Look at each shippers requirements. I did not click your link but the last time I read similar it stated long-arms can be shipped in state.
The link says firearm, and mentions handguns as well, so it’s not limited to just long-arms. It does say you have to notify the carrier that the shipment contains a firearm.

·
676 Posts
Reactions: 7557

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Well what's wrong with the MSGO Mule Train??? We been doing it for a long time now and seems to work just fine!! an don't cost nothing!!
Besides I personally have met a many of our members muling stuff around!!
So if we need to start charging to haul stuff to make you happy, let us know!!!

On a side note I will be coming to Jackson first, then down 55 to Crystal Springs, Hazelhurst, Brookhave, McComb, Columbia, Carnes, Wiggins if anyone needs a mule!!! Also will have a side kick on board this flight! The real in person Cajun BP!

Shoe will stop an meet you in Florence if that works for you.

·
676 Posts
Well what's wrong with the MSGO Mule Train??? We been doing it for a long time now and seems to work just fine!! an don't cost nothing!!

On a side note I will be coming to Jackson first, then down 55 to Crystal Springs, Hazelhurst, Brookhave, McComb, Columbia, Carnes, Wiggins if anyone needs a mule!!! Also will have a side kick on board this flight! The real in person Cajun BP!

Aint nothing wrong with options. :)
I have never shipped a handgun in state, but last time I shipped out of state it was not cheap.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well what's wrong with the MSGO Mule Train???
Nothing's "wrong" with it, per se. It's just that SOME people, when they buy a gun, don't wanna have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get it; and wouldn't mind paying for shipping (but DON'T wanna pay an FFL transfer fee, too).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I had a successful transaction of a rifle being shipped to my home via USPS. Long guns can be shipped in state without ffl.

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
My friend shipped a rifle to browning for repairs and it was shipped back to him through the post office. One post office in town told him they don’t ship guns but the little country post office at Union Church did it no problem.
Shipping it back to its owner is different, and legal unless something has changed. I have had a couple handguns shipped right back to me at the house.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts

If you're going to magnolia anyway, I'll just see you there. it's just 6 minutes from my house. about 10 to 1030?

Reactions: Southern Reloading
1 - 15 of 15 Posts