Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
UPS is the only carrier that you can use to ship ammo. It's a pain in the butt. Look on their website, You'll need the required label on the outside of the box. Not every UPS store can accept your shipment. You'll have to check, but I am certain you'll have to go to a main distribution hub nearest you.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I went through this a while back. USPS wouldn't touch it. FedEx would only handle it if it was picked up at the site of a FedEx shipping account holder. I thought UPS was the same but, I may be mistaken.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I went through this a while back. USPS wouldn't touch it. FedEx would only handle it if it was picked up at the site of a FedEx shipping account holder. I thought UPS was the same but, I may be mistaken.
You can take it to a UPS hub (not a retail store franchise). I don't know about being able to take it to a FedEx hub.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
You can take it to a UPS hub (not a retail store franchise). I don't know about being able to take it to a FedEx hub.
That jogged my memory. You are correct. UPS will take it at a hub. But..... don't waste your time at the Meridian hub.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was shipping a package at a UPS store yesterday and out of curiosity asked them what were the rules for shipping ammo. They peeled off some black/white stickers from a roll and gave to me saying to write the word ammunition on the stickers and put them on the box when I bring it back. If you ship large quantities I think you have to open an account with them.

·
Registered
16,158 Posts
I was shipping a package at a UPS store yesterday and out of curiosity asked them what were the rules for shipping ammo. They peeled off some black/white stickers from a roll and gave to me saying to write the word ammunition on the stickers and put them on the box when I bring it back. If you ship large quantities I think you have to open an account with them.
Given the ammo shortage these days, I just wouldn't ship it. Especially not with stickers on the box that say "Steal Me". ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
That jogged my memory. You are correct. UPS will take it at a hub. But..... don't waste your time at the Meridian hub.
Jackson hub employees are 5/4 worthless as well, they never contacted me about a mis delivered package a month ago despite corporate ups telling them to multiple times. Luckily amazon replaced the order.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
First I’ve shipped a lot of ammo in the pass and just last month, I shipped 21# of it.
I just shipped 308 and 45acp to my son in WA. From the UPS hub in Hattiesburg. The clerk told me I had to send it to a FFL I said no I didn’t. The only requirement is it has to go ground with special labels. She says let me get my boss. Ok a waited a minute or two. Before he came in the shipping room I could hear he made a call to someone and asked them what was their (UPS) policy on shipping Ammo. Under 50# can ship to residential or businesses. It doesn’t have to go an FFL. Ship it like a regular package but ground only. He told the clerk.
UPS will only ship Ammo from a hub. They have weird hours too.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
I've shipped ammo twice in the last month. Ammo I sold on GunBroker.
I shipped from the Gulfport UPS hub. It was really simple. All you need is the ""diamond"" label on the box. (see pic). You no longer need the ""ORM-D"" label.
This one is "printable" if you want to use it, and tape it to the box.

Package the ammo so that it doesn't rattle around. I used packing peanuts for one shipment, and wadded up newspaper for the other. Tape the ""diamond"" label to the box. Tell the clerk the ""Ship to"" address, and they'll print out a UPS shipping label and apply it to the box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts