Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have oakley sunglasses and was wondering if they would be suitable for shooting? I know they're the best in the world and shatter proof, HDO lenses and have other technology.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I shoot in regular sunglasses all the time. I would say anything is better than nothing, and I can't (won't) afford a dedicated set of shooting sunglasses.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
There are certain shooting certifications the eyewear makers have to pass to be "shatter proof" whatever that is....I like the term "impact resistance"...I'm sure they make Oakley's designed for the shooting sports.

As for the expense...well only you can decide what your eye sight is worth. Side impact is also a factor...ever been shooting next to someone when their gun "let go"...Oh yeah....pass the tissue please..

http://www.shooting-glasses-guide.com/shooting-glasses-lens.htm

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
It all depends how they cover your eyes. They need to cover your whole eye socket. Top,bottem,sides all equally protected.

They don't have to cost an arm and a leg. You can get them for less than $10.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I use a pair of Wiley X Romer II's now but also have a pair of Oakley Flak jackets that have been to hell and back, Oakley makes some tough a$$ glasses. They are well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just use safety glasses from when I worked in a factory, I want to get some wileyx sliks when I get rich though

do you wear your romerIIs around like sunglasses stryker?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool thanks everyone, I got them as part of my birthday (not until June) they're pretty awesome, I use them for hunting, fishing, hiking, watersports.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oakleys are shatter proof and the best rated for everything, they give me good coverage (eye)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Rudy Project are my new favorite. Use the "2ALPHA" coupon code and get 40% off.

SunBuster are also good shooting glasses because you can get multiple colored lenses for different light and the set is pretty cheap.

SunBuster would be my choice for dedicated shooting glasses. Because they ARE dedicated shooting glasses.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already got oakleys, i was only asking if they would be suitable for shooting as said above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts