Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,672 Posts
I have a m17. It's okay. I hate the sights. Wish were even regular white 3 dot. No option for aftermarket rear currently. Best route is adding delta point pro.
Magazines are unicorns right now as well. They're sending IOUs for the extra mag in the box.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I have a m17. It's okay. I hate the sights. Wish were even regular white 3 dot. No option for aftermarket rear currently. Best route is adding delta point pro.
Magazines are unicorns right now as well. They're sending IOUs for the extra mag in the box.
Wow. That's not good. Is this the new military handgun?

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Rational Anarchist
14,648 Posts
I like Sigs but the only one I’m considering is a P365XL. Anything I own larger will be a Glock, or perhaps an inexpensive Glock clone like the PSA Dagger, when they get around to selling them. Inexpensive mags and accessories are the main reason.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Yes. Won the MHS competition. Is replacing the M17, M9. Volume discount for the military, $175.50 per pistol. ;)

Story:

US Marine Corps To Begin General Roll Out of M18 -
Nice price, I'd buy one at that price, not going to happen for we mere mortal civilians of course. The Oberleutnant qualified on the fantail of his ship in the Persian Gulf with both the M9 & the M11. He still likes to play with my 92FS. And my "NCIS" (M11) pistol, NCIS officers were the ones doing the qualification and telling them what they could and could not do in port. I believe they got to play with a shotgun and an M14 as well.
IMG_0382.JPG

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I like Sigs but the only one I’m considering is a P365XL. Anything I own larger will be a Glock, or perhaps an inexpensive Glock clone like the PSA Dagger, when they get around to selling them. Inexpensive mags and accessories are the main reason.
It ain't cheap but the SIG M11A1 is relatively small, the "NCIS" pistol (P228 with a 229 grip to hold the 229 magazine which has a capacity of 15 instead of just 13) and magazines are readily available, as are holsters, etc. I have had no issues and carry it daily.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
HTH does that work? Lol
I owe you one mag........you’ll never see that magazine.....ever.
Yeah now that you mention it, when I sent in my card a few years back I never received my magazine for the M11A1. I got more by purchase from SIG but SIG never sent me that one for my card I sent in...

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Question about ammo, since the M17 & M18 are nearly identical, except for barrel and slide. The video reviews I've seen were all with common range ammo (ball). Have you fired any jhp (Critical Duty, Gold dot, etc.) and were there any problems with feeding, extract, etc.?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I echo your sentiments. Was looking for a P320 full size yesterday at LGS, M17 was what they had...did not like the sights...at all. Plain ole white 3 dot would've been huge improvement. One mag in the box.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I put a set of adjustable sights on my 320 from Fusion Firearms. The package says they fit the P220, 226, 228, 320. My guess is the dovetails are the same. That should add sight options.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I picked up a M18 a couple weeks ago at High Calibre and have just over 500 rounds thru it. Overall I like it.... Solid gun, points natural, and it feels good in my hand.

Don't care for the curved trigger, it pushes my finger up from where it wants to rest. Like Maroon said the sights arent the greatest. Front is actually good but the rear is like peaking thru a gap in a brick wall. And dry firing it sounds like one of the plastic disc shooting toy guns I had when I was a kid.

With that said it shoots very good. Trigger pull/feel improves the more rounds and dry fire I do. Have a flat trigger and a Vortex Venom on the way. The EGW red dot mount arived yesterday. CDNN has 17 and 21 round mags and I grabbed a 21 rounder to get me going.

No jams or problems feeding anything. Broke it in with 350 rounds of 115, 124, and 147 blazer brass/white box anda couple mags of 147 subsonic reloads. Ran another 50rounds HST 124, 100+ rounds HST147+P, a lonely old box of 124 Golden Sabre, and 3 mags loaded with mixxed defense loads rotated out of our carry guns over the years. [Critical Defense, Sig, Hst, Golden Sabre]

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one and it will not run some light loads I loaded to minimum charge with win 231. But I like it with factory loads. Very very accurate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts