Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,856 Posts
I sprayed this 3 years ago when Wasps and Carpenter Bees got bad. Took care of the majority of them. Sprayed again a couple months later and they were gone. Have a few Carpenter Bees popping up now. Going to spray when the weather settles down. THis stuff works.
Where do you buy it?

Does it require an applicator's license? (I used to have one for personal use.)

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you are a gardener, those wasps play a role in pollination. I don't like them either when they build nests around the house, but I don't try to eliminate every one. Soapy water in a pressure sprayer works well and a challenge when they're flying.

·
Premium Member
4,714 Posts
Wasps are good insects...to bad they sting. The carpenter bees are good too. I see them all over my blueberry bushes doing their pollenating job. It's when they head for my shed that we have a problem.
I don't kill any of them if they give me room and stop eating my buildings.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,537 Posts
Wasps are good insects...to bad they sting. The carpenter bees are good too. I see them all over my blueberry bushes doing their pollenating job. It's when they head for my shed that we have a problem.
I don't kill any of them if they give me room and stop eating my buildings.
Buy some this
FEBA7E92-4E53-40A4-BE09-6CD8AE4B4913.png

and put it in one of these
7C02C69C-8433-4C0E-831E-C91A4F80238D.jpeg

no mo 🐝

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
The bees are eating my out buildings so I’m loading 32 S&W long primed cases with a foam meat tray wad, 5 grains of walnut hull tumble media topped with another foam wad. No powder. Max range is about 4 feet in a 3” revolver. I found some magnum primer to try to extend the range a bit farther. Good target practice 😉

I tried 38 cases. Not enough oomph. they would require a powder charge.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there folks. I'm with y'all on things like wasps and horseflies. However, the carpenter bees, while annoying, are pollinators. I don't think they can sting. We need pollinators to live. Best to leave them be... No pun intended! The shotgun trick does sound like fun.

Cheers

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Hey there folks. I'm with y'all on things like wasps and horseflies. However, the carpenter bees, while annoying, are pollinators. I don't think they can sting. We need pollinators to live. Best to leave them be... No pun intended! The shotgun trick does sound like fun.

Cheers
Female carpenter bees sting and they all destroy your wooden structures. I'll kill everyone I see eating my porch.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Member on here (no longer active) got stung by a female carpenter bee in his eye! It was not good.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Member on here (no longer active) got stung by a female carpenter bee in his eye! It was not good.
Yep the female is the only one that does sting.

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Premium Member
4,714 Posts
New way of shooting them. I was in Home Depot and happened upon a box of .22 cal "hammer shot" cartridges. They throw a nice pattern of unburned powder/wadding out of a .22 rifle for a few feet. I got a box as I remembered as a kid we used to shoot flies, etc with them. Should do a job on a bee...but they are all snuggled down in their holes now, I think.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts