Getting ready to send the DW 44 to the factory to get a few mods done to it and it has me thinking maybe I could turn this into a "project" gun of sorts. I know a few mods I am gonna get done, but there are a lot of unchartered waters for me in this area. Here's what I'm thinking so far:
- I like the top strap checkering I've seen on several customs.
- DW/ CZ has a couple non-fluted cylinders left and my name is on one of them.
- mine has the heavy underlug that comes out flush with the end of the barrel. I want to have mine bevelled at about 45 degrees.
- I'm gonna have the shroud slotted.
- may have the smooth trigger face checkered.
- And possibly have the square edges of the hammer rounded off a little.
That's about all I can think of. Trigger and action are already smooth and crisp so don't think that needs any attention.
Why don't yall post up pics and give me some more ideas? It will be a shooter/ hunter. Not self defense or competition.