Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the new guy here and I did a quick search and couldn't find a related thread (surprisingly).

So, let's see those favorite gems in your collections. Rimfire, Centerfire, rifles, pistols, handguns, shotguns, etc. I hope this isn't too broad of a subject and is allowed here. I'm a bit partial to the fancy ones... Nicely figured dead wood (as my son refers to them), engraved, inlaid, etc.

My little Colt to start it off...

I have loved this from the day I first laid eyes on it!! Purchased it under the guise that it was going to be the wife's! Every now and then she says, "Let's take the little Colt out". I immediately change the subject and she hasn't caught on..., yet!

I picked up the new shoes for it awhile back, a set of matched, polished and Stabilized Giraffe Bone Grips (from a great guy off of eBay).

I keep meaning to get a Colt factory letter on this, but I am not sure it is factory engraved and inlaid. The quality is definitely there plus the original box, serialized to the gun and the original grips, paperwork, etc. Everything is like new, as well!

(If not appropriate, would a moderator, kindly move?)

Thanx All!

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts
That's like asking me to post pictures of my favorite grandchild, except I have a lot more guns than grandchildren.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts
Reactions: Cliff731

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,499 Posts
Can show the real goods online, never know who's watching
I can't show anything even if I wanted to... lost 'em all... each and everyone of 'em when that sudden marine squall hit during our MSGO Regatta on the Rez. :cry:

I was lucky to have survived with my life... :(

Other good MSGO members also suffered the same appalling misfortune on that harrowing day... :oops:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, and being a newb from waaaay out of state, I'm not familiar with whatever it is that you guys speak of, this MSGO Regatta.

To keep this going,, how about another picture of one of my other favorites...?

We can't forget the long guns! Especially the Purdy ones!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don’t buy or build pretty guns. It ain’t my bag. Every gun I own are very utilitarian but for two pretty/sentimental guns: a Remington model six (prettied up 7600 made in 81, 82, 83) my grandfather gave me about 12 years ago when he decided he had no use for it and wanted me to have it and a CJ Higgins 88 that was my great grandfathers that my mom gave me after my grandmother passed.

This is the minimum standard of care if it damp out and I’m hunting with the model six.

And the 88 after polishing a couple decades of tarnish away.

·
Registered
245 Posts
@bangswitch WOW, just WOW. That Higgins 88 is a thing of beauty. No wonder you don't buy or build pretty guns because none would compare to that one. That is a real gem and truly a family heirloom. Thanks for sharing it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts