Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Couple photos's of a custom knife I bought a gun show in Jxn a few years back. I don't have many good blades. 2 3/4 inch blade OAL is 5 3/4 inches

Nice and small....very handy... Think it'ss made of Damascas steel cable...You can see a lot of small lines in the steel.

Sharp as can be...wish I had another:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bobby Rico Knife. He attends almost every gun show, or has lately. Bobby makes some interesting knives and most are damascus of various sorts. Oh by the way he is from Benton. Yeah I know him. 8)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mr. Bobby lives about 5 minutes down the road from me. He's a nice guy. Gave me a sweet damascus deer skinner several years ago, and I promptly lost it somehow.... :cen:

·
Registered
107 Posts
msredneck said:
U blow it up with DY NO MITE also!

:shtf:
No sir....I need to re-phrase my original statement. It's not technically lost, just misplaced at the moment....It's somewhere here in my house, just can't lay my hands on it on demand. Will turn up one of these days, in a spot thats least expected.

He said he won't make me another one until I find this one....He's a character.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will do....

Actually msred, you inspired me to find it. Ironically, it took about 2 minutes to locate it...It was in the second place I looked. Took a quick pic of it for you.

The blade had a bunch of rusted places on it....Don't know what's up with that. Guess I can try to buff it out. The other knife was made for me by a guy from Melissa, TX....Mr. Steve Smart. It is my all-time favorite skinner. Unbelievably sharp. He makes a top-shelf knife....

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Good looking knives.
I wish I had a good custom made supersharp knife to use,
(cough, cough, DPHILIPS, cough,cough).
:lol4:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to cough a few times today myself....Dr. told me to turn my head left...cough...then right ....cough cough.... :HJ:

Glad the AWOL knife has been found...Looks like it may have been put up in the sheath..."moist"....a no no....better read how to clean knife thread now....

·
Registered
107 Posts
msredneck said:
I had to cough a few times today myself....Dr. told me to turn my head left...cough...then right ....cough cough.... :HJ:

Glad the AWOL knife has been found...Looks like it may have been put up in the sheath..."moist"....a no no....better read how to clean knife thread now....
Actually, it was unsheathed....Can't find the sheath at all. Left that part out :eyeroll: . The sheath looked almost identical to yours msred....But hey, at least the knife was located. Gotta look on the bright side, right? I may hit the blade a lick with my buffer....Then again, I may take it to Mr. Bobby and let him do it. At least that way he will know that I really found the knife, and ain't BSing him.

And I hear you Hammer....dphilips and emartin are next on my list. Want one from both of them, and anybody else on here that makes them....Also plan on learning how to make them myself one day, if I can ever figure these turkey calls and deer grunters out.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
I ain't got no good blade(s)!!

:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts