Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just poking around the internets for mag options for the 938. factory 6rnd mags run just south of $40. there are promag made mags for around $20, but I steer clear of that manufacturer.

I found this write up:
Kimber Micro 9 vs Sig 938: in depth review and range session - Topic

it really appears the Kimber micro9 and sig 938 use the same 6 rnd mag. I might order one and see.

thoughts? it would only save $15, but that might make the difference between buying a 3rd mag or just sticking with the 2 factory mags I have currently.

·
Registered
599 Posts
just poking around the internets for mag options for the 938. factory 6rnd mags run just south of $40. there are promag made mags for around $20, but I steer clear of that manufacturer.

I found this write up:
Kimber Micro 9 vs Sig 938: in depth review and range session - Topic

it really appears the Kimber micro9 and sig 938 use the same 6 rnd mag. I might order one and see.

thoughts? it would only save $15, but that might make the difference between buying a 3rd mag or just sticking with the 2 factory mags I have currently.
I would stick with Sig Sauer magazines. My p938 was picky enough with the top round (7 round magazine) when I got it that I couldn't imagine trying aftermarket or other manufacturer magazines.

For what it's worth, it eventually smoothed out, but the top round will still sometimes drop loose when I eject a full magazine because it just doesn't seem to want to sit flat at all.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,146 Posts
I would stick with Sig Sauer magazines. My p938 was picky enough with the top round (7 round magazine) when I got it that I couldn't imagine trying aftermarket or other manufacturer magazines.

For what it's worth, it eventually smoothed out, but the top round will still sometimes drop loose when I eject a full magazine because it just doesn't seem to want to sit flat at all.
My Kahr CM9 mag will do the same thing.

Reactions: 7557

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lots of these micro nines seem to have quirks. I have only shot the 938 once and I used the extended 7rnd mag w/no problems. I have ran a snap cap through it a bunch with both mags for trigger practice.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ebay has several options both 6&7 round mags. If you run into problems with 7 round mag dropping, pm me. I can tell you how i fixed mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts