Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking at the MPX, specifically the Copperhead (3.5"). They look to be well made with modern features. It looks to be a handy tool... even better than the MP5 clones or the Kriss Vector.

Talk me out of buying it.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I've the CZ and everyone that's shot it can't stop once they start until the mag is empty lol

Never fired the MPX...but have been very happy with the Evo S3 1.

You're welcome to shoot mine if you want to try it bud.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
We had a copperhead at the shop, that thing was just plain goofy. The rubber on the brace felt like something from harbor freight and the metal slides for it dug into the cerakote. Oh and the barrel is not threaded, and would need to be swapped out to be threaded. Sig has had some great designs the last few years just not always the greatest implementation or quality control. And the mags are high priced.
Cz does not have quality issues and the mags for it cost 1/3 of the sigs.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've the CZ and everyone that's shot it can't stop once they start until the mag is empty lol

Never fired the MPX...but have been very happy with the Evo S3 1.

You're welcome to shoot mine if you want to try it bud.
I considered the CZ too. The MPX seems more appealing because of the AR/M4 ergonomics. I already know how to run it well. The gas piston system is nice also. The CZ and the Sig probably perform similarly though.

How does the CZ perform on a man-sized target out to 100 yards?

·
Banned
1,268 Posts
I considered the CZ too. The MPX seems more appealing because of the AR/M4 ergonomics. I already know how to run it well. The gas piston system is nice also. The CZ and the Sig probably perform similarly though.

Why not the new H&K SP5? Semi auto MP5?
SP5 - Heckler & Koch

Reactions: blkout

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts

Although I have had it about 6 months...I got it 3 days before I broke my leg....so it got sidelined a bit. I have been shooting with open sights and have not shot it past 50 yards. I just put a holosun circledot on it and hope to sight it in this weekend.

If I gotta shoot at something @100 yards... with my 58 year old eyes, no magnification...and that 7.7 inch barrel...they stand a better than average chance of survival :D

More likely to have an AR for that....wait'll you get older...:hmm:

I remember the days sitting at magnolia with my FAL or a HK91 popping targets @100 with open sights and lovin' it (taking it for granted)...HA...not anymore.

Reactions: 7557

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I've been looking at the MPX, specifically the Copperhead (3.5"). They look to be well made with modern features. It looks to be a handy tool... even better than the MP5 clones or the Kriss Vector.

Talk me out of buying it.
I have a hard time justifying either of these since I own a couple of AR-9s. I just don't see what they bring to the table that an AR-9 isn't already doing for less.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I have a hard time justifying either of these since I own a couple of AR-9s. I just don't see what they bring to the table that an AR-9 isn't already doing for less.
In my best foghorn leghorn voice...

"A range toy son ...I say a raaange toy".

Seriously...I don't disagree... I have a PC9 that I'd be more likely to use at much more than 50 yards if I wasn't using an AR.

But that's me. I know my visual limitations nowadays...buy more optics than I used to :(

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not the new H&K SP5? Semi auto MP5?
SP5 - Heckler & Koch
I'm a big MP5 fan but, the MPX offers more. The action locks back on an empty mag. Not so with the MP5. That's a big plus in the semi auto version. The MPX controls are identical to an AR15. The gas piston is nice too. The MPX seem like what the MP5 would be if it were designed today.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Na. I don't really buy range toys anymore. I've got a practical use for this one.
I see the CZ as a range (fun plinker & practice/train) and close-up defense...out to 100 like you were asking...not so much.

AR or PC9. #glockmags!

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had a copperhead at the shop, that thing was just plain goofy. The rubber on the brace felt like something from harbor freight and the metal slides for it dug into the cerakote. Oh and the barrel is not threaded, and would need to be swapped out to be threaded. Sig has had some great designs the last few years just not always the greatest implementation or quality control. And the mags are high priced.
Cz does not have quality issues and the mags for it cost 1/3 of the sigs.
I thought the fit and finish on the Copperhead I handled was very good. You're right about the mags though. Sig is proud of them

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have two Gen 2’s. I had to send both to In Lead we trust to get them to run reliably. Hopefully for issues that were addressed in the newer version.
If I had to do it again I would just do a AR9 and be done with it.
Still a lot of fun at the range though.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have two Gen 2’s. I had to send both to In Lead we trust to get them to run reliably. Hopefully for issues that were addressed in the newer version.
If I had to do it again I would just do a AR9 and be done with it.
Still a lot of fun at the range though.
That's conserning. Considering the cost of an MPX they shouldn't have problems.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ILWT changes the feed ramp angle and opens up the gas port. They have been great since I have got them back.
I do wish they had a MP5 style charging handle if I had to change something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts