Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Big fan of the P365XL. Currently have 2 (one with Romeo Zero/one without). Very pleasant shooting and I really like the ergonomics. The one with the optic is my current carry.

I first acquired a P365 last summer. A bud shot it and said he grouped better with it than his glock 43 or 34. Had to have it. And he meant mine lol. He said he might not shoot as well with another one...

I acquired another . Shot it well. .and let him have the one he fired. I said then it was a gamechanger. I got rid of my g48 and quit carrying my 43. I am really fond of the XL with the romeo zero. I acquired the plain XL recently because it was a good deal and I wanted the option of factory sights as well.

Sorry...no cons come to mind lol. If you are up this way you are welcome to try any of mine.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Pros and cons with this pistol,what are they? Got my hands on one today (just touched one,didn’t buy) and really like the feel of it in my hand.
Pros are pretty much the most rounds in the smallest form possible and reliable. Hickok45 did a good video comparing with other similar sizes pistols.

I haven't gotten one yet but plan on getting one eventually. I've heard too many people say good things about it, and it's rare to not hear someone say something negative about something these days.

·
Premium Member
14,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They feel to small to me and I don't even have big hands. Maybe years of shooting Glocks have caused irreversible brain damage.
No offense........but this 26 sucks balls. Anything I can’t get full hand meat on I am not comfortable shooting. I like knowing I can control something I’m shooting 100% and not with two fingers on the grip and my left hand swallowing the rest of the gun. I want to know I can control the pistol and hit what I’m aiming at with one hand. Especially with self defense in mind.
25B4189F-5B24-43F1-84DE-F138E7BFDF01.jpeg

That said.....the little gun is a great shooter. I just want more grip.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
No offense........but this 26 sucks balls. Anything I can’t get full hand meat on I am not comfortable shooting. I like knowing I can control something I’m shooting 100% and not with two fingers on the grip and my left hand swallowing the rest of the gun. I want to know I can control the pistol and hit what I’m aiming at with one hand. Especially with self defense in mind.
View attachment 221599
That said.....the little gun is a great shooter. I just want more grip.
It's funny you'd mention the G26. That's what I carry and actually prefer it. I don't even notice the short grip anymore.

·
Premium Member
14,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's funny you'd mention the G26. That's what I carry and actually prefer it. I don't even notice the short grip anymore.
Great gun......two short of grip for me. My wife’s hand fits it just right tho! Lol
It’s fine with the extended mag but I really don’t like the idea of putting extra pressure where it isn’t supposed to be.

·
Site Member
572 Posts
I recently purchased a P365XL and really like the gun. Feels great in my hand and shoots well. I bought the gun to carry AIWB and have found the slide length uncomfortable while sitting, something I do a lot of at my (mostly) desk job. Some will probably laugh at that but I have gotten used to carrying an LCP. :D

I plan on selling the P365 XL soon. I was going to go with a standard P365 as a replacement but I ended up deciding on a Hellcat because they are available optics ready. (have one on the way) I have a Romeo Zero red dot optic and plan to move it to the Hellcat.

I feel like there is a decent chance that I will regret selling it but I don't need to have too much tied up in 9mm carry guns, especially if I'm not going to carry it...

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
I understand the P365, as others have said, the most 9mm in the smallest package. Not so sure I see the point of making it (the XL) oversize in comparison to other available (and often less expensive) pistols in that size range.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I understand the P365, as others have said, the most 9mm in the smallest package. Not so sure I see the point of making it (the XL) oversize in comparison to other available (and often less expensive) pistols in that size range.
All a matter of what you like... but have you held or shot the XL? I like my glocks...but the XL is smaller than a 19 (and actually weighs less)...and more appealing to me ergonomically than most glocks.

It weighs about the same as a 48.. but is still smaller and holds 2 more rounds in the flush fit mag.. just my .02 cents

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
The XL is just a longer slide on the same sized frame, right? So unless you appendix carry, it should be just as concealable but with a longer sight radius. At least that's my line of thinking.. I'm planning on getting the XL but may end up wanting the regular 365 with my luck.

·
Premium Member
14,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The XL is just a longer slide on the same sized frame, right? So unless you appendix carry, it should be just as concealable but with a longer sight radius. At least that's my line of thinking.. I'm planning on getting the XL but may end up wanting the regular 365 with my luck.
More/longer grip and longer barrel/slide.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
I like/prefer pocket carry, so the P365MS works for that, the XL is unlikely to with the added dimensions. For non-carry (house/vehicle) guns, or hip holster carry, I have other, non-poly frame, options. Now I just have to wait the glacial age for the Alabama Holster to arrive. The P365(MS) seems to be the smallest and lightest 9mm pocketable with its' capacity (and now the other manufacturers' clones/P365-alike Springfield-and-other-come-latelies, Lol). YMMV for you. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts