Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted a Skinner peep on my #1 today. It is a handsome sight for a handsome rifle.

The screws were a little long so I had to trim them back a little. Did that and got the sight mounted this morning.

I “sighted it in” by lining the peep up with the front and rear sights, took it outside and fired it once and hit steel. I will try to dial it in at some point before deer season.

I will say there are a coupe quarter rib deaigns. One sits a little taller than the reciever and one is near flush. It is good to send a pic to Skinner when you order so you stand a better chance of getting the right sight.

7EB7BCBF-16F1-4264-839A-10D40F81DEEF.jpeg
C8A6DD7C-8483-4FAB-93AC-1591F7829C93.jpeg
2D5ED1D4-8632-4A3A-9424-4D972C4D9A7C.jpeg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,494 Posts
A #1 in 30/30 what a sweet rifle. Would be very practical for us southern boys and reloading you could use pointy bullets that hit harder from what I'm told....:D

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
You have had a dozen or you currently have a dozen?
I don't have one at all. Bought them as a broker for a buddy with too much money over the last few years. He's had them all rebarreled in odd ball small bore and wild cat rounds. I have access to them but they aren't mine

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
I don't have one at all. Bought them as a broker for a buddy with too much money over the last few years. He's had them all rebarreled in odd ball small bore and wild cat rounds. I have access to them but they aren't mine
Well at least you got access to them.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Is he going to get one of the 22 Hornets? They are case colored by a friend of mine. Bobby Tyler of Tyler Gunworks in Friona, TX.
Not familiar with this one. He has had 2 done in .22 Hornet for him and his daughter and also one in .22 K Hornet. Other than his antiques he doesn't seem to be interested in case colored

1 - 14 of 14 Posts