Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having our first vintage bolt match of the year on Saturday, March 23rd at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club near Byram. NOTE: Trying out posting a few days earlier than normal so as to give more notice...hope this is a help and not a point of confusion...we'll see.

We plan to have two relays depending on participation. We'll plan to have rounds downrange at 9:00 a.m. sharp, so please be there by 8:45 to do paperwork and get gear to the line. Any that can make it sooner and help set up are always appreciated as well. $10 match fee. Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions. First timers welcome of course (contact me about affidavit requirement).

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
So I go to the range today to test some 125 gr. bullet loads for my 03a3 today. Got to the third batch and put three rounds into a 2" group at 200 yards from off the bench. Eureka! Except I felt something funny on the last shot. Darn stock makes it through 75 years and decides to split now.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
So I go to the range today to test some 125 gr. bullet loads for my 03a3 today. Got to the third batch and put three rounds into a 2" group at 200 yards from off the bench. Eureka! Except I felt something funny on the last shot. Darn stock makes it through 75 years and decides to split now.
That's awful and makes my stomach turn. Do you think it was an old internal crack or could it have been an overcharged load?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts