Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About four months ago, we had a real stinking encounter with a skunk. Last night I smelled a skunk again to the side of our back yard, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one of our dogs get sprayed again. I have a couple of new safe traps, but what bait is best to use? Thanks, Tim

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,161 Posts
If you live trap, how do you transport or get rid of them without triggering their defense mechanism? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you live trap, how do you transport or get rid of them without triggering their defense mechanism? Inquiring minds want to know.
Those skunks suffer from a serious lead deficiency. So, from a safe distance, perform a high speed lead injection of 36-40 grains into the cranial cavity. Wait a couple of hours, then tote it off.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
MSU always set their traps out with regular Cheetos. I asked the guy if that was the best bait for skunks and he just shrugged and said "Always works."

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
MSU always set their traps out with regular Cheetos. I asked the guy if that was the best bait for skunks and he just shrugged and said "Always works."
Didn’t work when I was in school, they were everywhere. I killed one with a brick one night, the girls we were with got really pissed. It never sprayed they were just yuppie types. They obviously never had one nestle up on their engine block and squirt all over it. It was 3-4 months before you could ride in my roommates car and not stink for days.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Didn’t work when I was in school, they were everywhere. I killed one with a brick one night, the girls we were with got really pissed. They obviously never had one nestle up on their engine block and squirt all over it. It was 3-4 months before you could ride in my roommates car and not stink for days.
Yeah, they were still everywhere on campus. We had several encounters. I will say though, it usually only took one night to trip the trap.

I also asked about getting sprayed but he said that most of the regulars on campus had been de-scented by removing some glands. Then they'd drop them off on the other side of the county but they usually made their way back eventually.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I flattened one in my wife's car back when we were dating. A couple minutes later I handed her the keys and she headed out on a couple hour trip back home. I've never and probably will never hear the end of that one.

Reactions: Redlick83
1 - 20 of 39 Posts