Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to the SMGA show at the Lyman Community Center on Hwy 49 in Gulfport this weekend? Sat. 9-5, Sun 10-4. The South Mississippi Gun Association generally puts on a pretty good show. Mike from Smith's Speed Shop normally sets up there, as does Rw with Down Range Sporting Goods. They both usually have impressive offerings of new and used items. I also saw where The Outpost Guns & Ammo (home of the $15 FFL transfers) will be set up as well, offering a refund of your admission price with any new or used gun purchase. They also offer 12 Months Same-As-Cash. Hope to see some of you fellows there. I normally get there within the first hour of opening, and stay a couple of hours.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I'll be there Saturday mourning.

Reactions: phillipd and Twang

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Might try to make it. I am "adulting" right now, I want to get my old car painted next year so I have been avoiding places that sell guns.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Well got there about 2ish! Usual suspects! Saw Mike Smith, RW, Hoot(didn't get to speak to him as he had customers) Met several folks an put names to faces. Sat at our club's table and talked to several folks. Small show and busy til about 4 and seems like it cleared out. Those I talked to reported sales as about normal.

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was there about 9:00, and stayed till almost 11:00 AM. Spoke with Mike Smith, Rw, Hoot, and talked to righttoown, who was in there walking around. Also met the guys from Outpost Guns & Ammo, and the new gunsmith in Orange Grove. As usual, Mike Smith and Rw (Down Range) had the biggest and best selection of new and used stuff . . . but the best deals I saw were at Hoot's table. He had 3 that I looked at for a long time, and he had a Bauer .25 ACP that I would have bought, but he sold it just before I made it to his table. Turns out, the only thing I bought was a banjo from a table across from Hoot. Kinda strange, I know. . . . go to a gun show and come home with a banjo.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I got a nice leather gun belt from Mark' Leather shop. He fit me for it right there and punch the holes in it. $35. He's from Petal. Here's his web site. I believe he said he was going to be at the Laruel gun show. He also does leather embossing.
www.beltshandmadeleather.com

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a nice leather gun belt from Mark' Leather shop. He fit me for it right there and punch the holes in it. $35. He's from Petal. Here's his web site. I believe he said he was going to be at the Laruel gun show. He also does leather embossing.
www.beltshandmadeleather.com
I bought one of his $35 gun belts at a Biloxi coliseum show a year or two ago. Best $35 I've spent in a long time. I've worn it practically everyday since then.

Considering my size, It's EXTREMELY HARD to find a belt to fit me, but he had the blanks in stock, and made it on the spot. Mine is in black, and I've been meaning to get him to make me a brown one, too, but keep forgetting.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Twang what we require are them real big cows from Texas to have a piece of leather long enough!!! I get all mine from Lonesome Charlie's. I sell there pouches and leather stuff. He told me we may have to go to elephant skin to get one long enough!! And this requires no laughing from the gallery!!!

·
Premium Member
10,556 Posts
Twang what we require are them real big cows from Texas to have a piece of leather long enough!!! I get all mine from Lonesome Charlie's. I sell there pouches and leather stuff. He told me we may have to go to elephant skin to get one long enough!! And this requires no laughing from the gallery!!!
Ha, need old breed Texas steers; working cattle auctions-60s, WE'D get brush country steers in by rail, some, head height tall & 10 ft long, not mention the coyote gougers sweeping out both sides.:cool:

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Also met or saw a guy that I have known almost my entire life. Walt Dees who owns Golden Gulf Ammunition. He is starting an ammo business from the Pass. Invited him to the M&G and to join the forum. Good looking ammo as well. Prices good too!
As long as he doesn't start selling reloading supplies.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts