Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a smith and Wesson 357 magnum model 27-2 with 3-1/2 inch barrel and the other is a ore 27 same condition and 3-1/2 inch barrels, both beautiful guns

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Today only I'll give ya 100 bucks...

Reactions: Chicknman

·
Registered
974 Posts
When I’m unsure I always search completed auctions on Gunbroker then reduce a few dollars so as not to fool with shipping and their fees.
Are you thinking of selling or simply appraising?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I'm not sure what "a ore 27" is, but I'll pass on that.

Both of these are highly collectable, and in high demand. Much of the value depends on exactly what the condition is, and the condition of the grips, and whether there are any original accessories (box, sight tool, etc). Factory letters also make a difference.

Without an in-person inspection, or good photos, it's impossible to give a useful value, even ballpark. "Beautiful" means different things to different people, and the interest in these guns is high enough that small details can make a big difference. If you're near Picayune, I'd like to look at them, and maybe help with a value.

Best guess is somewhere between $500 and $1500, but even that's not written in stone.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
I know what they are worth
While I was joking, I have to ask. If you know what they're worth why are you asking what they are worth??

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Like others have said, it's all in the details. Sight unseen $500.00 is average I'd guess.
The 27/28 are fine revolvers. A 27 was my 1st centre fire Revolver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Both are spotless , 27-2 is immaculate , pre is 95 percent, would not even consider selling, thanks though for responding

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,297 Posts
Take some good pics and post it in the handgun/ pistol section.
Most of us will not buy a gun any gun sight unseen unless it is from a trusted friend. We know what your gun is but prices can range all over the place but usually more for one in over 90% condition. A collector that is looking for one will pay more.
I like to know the history of antique guns if available. Who owned it? a relative, friend,family or pawn shop.

Reactions: Henry Bowman
1 - 20 of 24 Posts