Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so [email protected]€%! SICK OF AMMO PRICES. Sorry for the anger but I just went to a shop here after I called and they said they were open and have 9mm fmj for a dollar a peice. Get there they closed and we’re running out of one of their other stores. Out of town. Now if I had the cash and a better vehicle I’d definitely go get it but also for 50 dollars for a box of full metal jackets count 50. No I draw the line at certain places and certain things and I cannot justify putting my car thru the work of traveling an hour just for a single box of ammo. Anyone else feeling my upsetness? It’s crazy that no one has ammo period. I just wanna go to the range and practice a bit. Now I have to go online and I hate shopping online. I have little trust for the internet. Specially when I’ll be paying a few hundred for 9mm ammo. Ahh thanks for letting me vent guys lol

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,669 Posts
Yeah it does suck. And it's crazy what stuff is going for. Why I'm not buying right now. I've actually been selling some. As I planned accordingly the past few years. I do miss buying ammo like I used to, that afforded me to sit this craziness out. Luckily I haven't had hardly any time to go to the range, my past range trips I would burn a lot of powder is another reason why I bought a lot. My plan for range trips now is just efficient practice drills for certain weapons then mostly 22s as that's what I have the most of. And why I built an AR22 and have multiple handguns in rimfire that will carry over to centerfire.
Also need to start shooting more of the few calibers I reload for since I know I can easily replenish what is expended

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,241 Posts
The only ammo I would pay that much for is fancy hunting rounds or HD ammo. I'll buy a dang realistic airsoft gun before I pay that much
This ^ or buy a SIRT bolt (or SIRT pistol) and the Laser software and practice in your living room with no BB’s or CO2 cartridges to worry about.

I have been meaning to start writing down a plan for guns/ammo and treat it like my investing plan.The overview is:
1. Have “x” amount of rounds in “y” calibers
2. Have “x” amount of reloading components.
3. Be willing to cut down on range time to sell “b” amount of ammo stockpiled to re-invest in ammo once prices return to normal.

Reactions: Henry Bowman and rc

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
I understand your fury about the prices, but think about it as a training lesson. The lesson is that in a real life defensive or combat situation you probably won't have unlimited ammo. You'll have what you can carry, or what's loaded in your gun; or take from the dead guys around you. Better to learn to conserve your ammo now than later, when it's a matter of your life and not just your money . :)

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,589 Posts
I understand your fury about the prices, but think about it as a training lesson. The lesson is that in a real life defensive or combat situation you probably won't have unlimited ammo. You'll have what you can carry, or what's loaded in your gun; or take from the dead guys around you. Better to learn to conserve your ammo now than later, when it's a matter of your life and not just your money . :)
Tidbit of overheard conversation:

Fellow 1. How much ammo do you have?

Fellow 2. Enough to get more.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I've been living with the "when it's cheap, stack it deep" mentality, I haven't bought ammo since any of this started. Now is not the time to buy. It's just like the stock market, you don't buy high.

You can't blame the shops for the markup, it's simple supply and demand.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Dry firing, snap caps, iTargetPro, MantisX, etc. are all ammo-free practice tools too.

Reactions: rc and Henry Bowman

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Yes.

He's from Indiana (per his first post).

I sent him a PM with online ammo link for some (9mm, I assumed) FMJ ammo .. no reply.

Don't know what to make of it (his post ^^^ and non-reply to my PM, being a new-guy) ... except stay away?

Mods?

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Yes.

He's from Indiana (per his first post).

I sent him a PM with online ammo link for some (9mm, I assumed) FMJ ammo .. no reply.

Don't know what to make of it (his post ^^^ and non-reply to my PM, being a new-guy) ... except stay away?

Mods?
I sent him a PM with a suggestion where to look and no response as well...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts

·
Waffennarr
8,869 Posts
So... Now, please, just hear me out here: if you're worried about your car surviving two hours on the road, possibly, you should be considering spending your money elsewhere instead of bitching about not being able to find ammo.
My first thought when I read that sentence.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I agree...I have had no problem finding 22TCM locally.
He whined that he was looking for 9mm FMJ ammo for a dollar a piece though.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts