Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is 22lr ammo hard to find right now? I haven't seen any at Walmart & I don't frequent gun shops or places such as Academy and such. Too far from my house

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reason I ask is I have a Ruger mark ii 10" bull & a Marlin tube fed bolt listed at what i thought was a very fair price. No bites. Think it would help if I thru some ammo in with it at pre-panic price. They are the Federal bulk loose copper hollow points. If you think it would help move them how much a round?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,631 Posts
Reason I ask is I have a Ruger mark ii 10" bull & a Marlin tube fed bolt listed at what i thought was a very fair price. No bites. Think it would help if I thru some ammo in with it at pre-panic price. They are the Federal bulk loose copper hollow points. If you think it would help move them how much a round?
It sure wouldn't hurt. I'd personally just include a few rounds at cost.

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,222 Posts
Everything is. 22LR up to 12ga buckshot
Oddly enough 17HMR and 357 sig have been in stock almost everywhere that I’ve been, I did notice that hunting calibers jumped 2-3 dollars/box though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I dont own a 9mm but searching wifey's Facebook & found the Winchester white/black/red box at Guns-n-Gear in Madison they just got it in
Screenshot_20201015-092500_Facebook.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,186 Posts
I understand your fury about the prices, but think about it as a training lesson. The lesson is that in a real life defensive or combat situation you probably won't have unlimited ammo. You'll have what you can carry, or what's loaded in your gun; or take from the dead guys around you. Better to learn to conserve your ammo now than later, when it's a matter of your life and not just your money . :)
That’s why I like AK’s better than AR’s, the enemy has more ammo. Gadgets don’t matter if you can’t shoot it.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
That’s why I like AK’s better than AR’s, the enemy has more ammo. Gadgets don’t matter if you can’t shoot it.
What is it with you nurse types?
You and the wife would get along well as she prefers the Plows as well:)

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Countries that issue the AK family of rifles use 5.45 x 39. Saw a lot of them in eastern Europe. The 7.62 x 39 rifles out there in circulation are in some middle eastern countries, terror organizatoins, and poor countries such as Venezuela.

Reactions: 2A_1791
21 - 40 of 73 Posts