Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Countries that issue the AK family of rifles use 5.45 x 39. Saw a lot of them in eastern Europe. The 7.62 x 39 rifles out there in circulation are in some middle eastern countries, terror organizatoins, and poor countries such as Venezuela.
Bulgaria still manufactures and issues the 7.62x39 AKM (variant) and sells so many around the world that it impacts what they import to the US commercial market at >$1000+ a rifle (more like just sub-$2K right now). But yes, the major com block and former comblock militaries have generally issued 5.45x39 variants of the AK-74 for some time now (including Chy-nah). Most former Eastern Bloc countries have switched to 5.56x45 because of NATO, some that are 5.56x45 chambered variants of the AK-74 (Polish Beryl, etc.), rather than the M-16. Some have created new rifles chambered in 5.56x45, like the CZ Bren 805 series.

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,565 Posts
That’s why I like AK’s better than AR’s, the enemy has more ammo. Gadgets don’t matter if you can’t shoot it.
Preach on, brother! Spreading .30cal love, myself.

What is it with you nurse types?
You and the wife would get along well as she prefers the Plows as well:)
70 million Commies can't all be wrong. And I don't have to hermetically seal my AK''s before I bury them in the back yard, just in case.

LOL

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I can’t believe how many gun guys and gun owners that have not stocked up on ammunition the past three years at the low prices and availability on most all calibers, knowing a Presidential Election was coming up this year, add in the unrest going on in this country and add in the unknown COVID-19, ammunition was still available two months ago at a fair price at local gun shops and online, I kelp buying a case or two each month just putting it back for times like we have going on today, I had also been stocking up on reloading supplies, primers are like 9mm ammo out of stock everywhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You just have to buy bulk when its is cheap. You can still find stuff if you just be patient and look. Just bought 4000 LP primers from a mom and pop range for $34.00 a thousand(took me two weeks to find it). Holding onto my lead for casting for the day the prices really go through the roof. So when this is all over with and it comes back down think about buying bulk and have a set number of rounds, powder, primers and such you never go below on hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Prices are HALF THAT across the interstate
They also limit you to 100rds. Guns-n-Gear is doing something no other gun store is doing. Keeping bulk ammo instock with NO PURCHASE LIMITS. Obviously if they are the only place doing it. They must be doing something that everyone else isn’t. Like maybe paying a premium for it to get the quantity. The ammo in the picture is $299 in store for 500rds..... that pile started as 400 cases 200,000rds. That cost well over .40cpr. They currently have about 130cases left after a week.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I can’t believe how many gun guys and gun owners that have not stocked up on ammunition the past three years at the low prices and availability on most all calibers, knowing a Presidential Election was coming up this year, add in the unrest going on in this country and add in the unknown COVID-19, ammunition was still available two months ago at a fair price at local gun shops and online, I kelp buying a case or two each month just putting it back for times like we have going on today, I had also been stocking up on reloading supplies, primers are like 9mm ammo out of stock everywhere.
Agree 100%
As everyone probably knows, the wife's uncle and I are big reloaders so we stock up on components vs ammo. Pretty much the only factory ammo I buy is rim fire and 8mm. Way back when we would buy the Rooski spam cans but that's pretty much it. We do keep a small amount of factory ammo on hand to test builds and repairs just to rule out ammo as a possible problem.
We have a friend and his adult son that are members of our church. Really good guys but they are always"joking" that they know where there is plenty of ammo and they'll just head on over. Not too long ago we finally had to have a talk telling them that we've pointed out the need to stock up for the last 3 years and if they really haven't it's too late. We made it painfully clear that if they came over expecting free ammo they were not going to like the reception. The friendship has cooled since then, and I'm sorry for that but we've busted our @zzes for years to have the preps we have for OUR family not theirs..

·
Rational Anarchist
14,191 Posts
Agree 100%
As everyone probably knows, the wife's uncle and I are big reloaders so we stock up on components vs ammo. Pretty much the only factory ammo I buy is rim fire and 8mm. Way back when we would buy the Rooski spam cans but that's pretty much it. We do keep a small amount of factory ammo on hand to test builds and repairs just to rule out ammo as a possible problem.
We have a friend and his adult son that are members of our church. Really good guys but they are always"joking" that they know where there is plenty of ammo and they'll just head on over. Not too long ago we finally had to have a talk telling them that we've pointed out the need to stock up for the last 3 years and if they really haven't it's too late. We made it painfully clear that if they came over expecting free ammo they were not going to like the reception. The friendship has cooled since then, and I'm sorry for that but we've busted our @zzes for years to have the preps we have for OUR family not theirs..
I agree. Outside of my household, I’ll help people that have something to offer but dead weight is more than I can tolerate, or handle.

Reactions: rc and Henry Bowman

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
They also limit you to 100rds. Guns-n-Gear is doing something no other gun store is doing. Keeping bulk ammo instock with NO PURCHASE LIMITS. Obviously if they are the only place doing it. They must be doing something that everyone else isn’t. Like maybe paying a premium for it to get the quantity. The ammo in the picture is $299 in store for 500rds..... that pile started as 400 cases 200,000rds. That cost well over .40cpr. They currently have about 130cases left after a week.
"...is doing something no other gun store is doing." "Obviously if they are the only place doing it. They must be doing something that everyone else isn’t."
Did you even read what you posted?
Or do you repeat yourself to try convincing everyone that you are right?

The reason Guns an Gear have NO PURCHASE LIMITS is due to their inflated prices: $29.99 for a box (MaxxTech) of 50 rounds = 60¢/round

THE RANGE has Speer Lawman at $15.99 for a box of 50 rounds = 32¢/round.

I don't understand your grammar or your logic of "paying a premium for it", but simple math says somebody is charging ALOT MORE for the same product.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been living with the "when it's cheap, stack it deep" mentality, I haven't bought ammo since any of this started. Now is not the time to buy. It's just like the stock market, you don't buy high.

You can't blame the shops for the markup, it's simple supply and demand.
Now's the time to sell something your not that fond of. You can get you money back plus some. I try to do the opposite of the herd.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,508 Posts
Yeah if they only have 130 cases left it shows there are allot of desperate or stupid people out there that want ammo no matter what the cost.

Me I have some ammo not a great amount but investing in marbles and wrist rockets so when the Dems takes everything I'll still be armed.🙃

·
Waffennarr
8,869 Posts
Agree 100%
Great argument for limiting what you speak of in public, and in particular what you share about your collection of firearms and supply of ammunition, gear, even prep supplies: food, batteries, generator, water, money stashed for breakdown of e-banking, etc. A couple of decades ago my adult cousin from the Florida panhandle called to announce that she, her hunsband, and grandkids were headed to MS to shelter with us because we were prepared. Hurricane was headed to the Pensacola area. I wasn't so discreet back then about preparing for Y2K and what we'd accumulated. I told her sorry we can't help. Haven't spoken with that part of the family since then, >20 years. Walk softly and carry a big stick, don't advertise that you have a personal ammo bunker, armory, food pantry, whatever. I ask myself here on MSGO "do I really want to post this, am I sharing too much information?" every time I am about to press the "Post reply" button. I strongly recommend others do so as well.
So, how many Maschinengewehr Mod. 1942 do you have? :unsure:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts