Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. I was told it couldn't be done but a gun shop owner sent me a gun to try it on anyway...and it worked! Here's a Freedom Arms Mini Revolver...suppressed.

Yeah...we already know that because of the cylinder gap that it will be loud but our goal here was to make it "hearing safe" and not make your ears bleed when we shot it. These things are ear splitting LOUD if you are silly enough to shoot one without ear protection.

It worked better than we expected. While not as quiet as a normal suppressed .22, its still loud but it got rid of the bark, enough so that shooting it is actually pleasant. It doesn't ring your ears and you can carry on a normal conversation with out hearing protection.

It's different looking for sure, but now you can have a suppressed .22 in your pocket.

It seems to be a love or hate relationship. Its been called everything from stupid, to cant be done, to OMG I want one!

Its adorned with a Huntertown Arms "B" can on it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
A guy I know had a little pocket gun like that with no trigger guard, he reached in his pocket to get his keys, the key ring caught the trigger, and well, wherever the bullet is in his body, they were scared to try to take it out, it is still in there.
Being a single action, it's a little different than your average .380 or 9mm pocket gun. If he was dumb enough to keep his keys in the same pocket as his gun, then he shouldn't be carrying a gun anyway. Also, they make pocket holsters for a reason.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
A guy I know had a little pocket gun like that with no trigger guard, he reached in his pocket to get his keys, the key ring caught the trigger, and well, wherever the bullet is in his body, they were scared to try to take it out, it is still in there.
Few bricks shy of a load isn't he?

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,582 Posts
I have one, but rarely carry it and then only in an empty pocket with the next chamber up empty.

I did not buy it though, I inherited it, so to speak.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I like it. I have a old 22 revolver i have thought about getting threaded to use my suppressor on and had a few people just look at me crazy and ask me why. I just say cause I can. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's so rough!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts