close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Source for S&W N frame target grips from 70-80's???

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Jeff700, May 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    Can anyone recommend a source that may have a set of original Smith & Wesson N frame target grips for an older model? Looking for a set with the "football" type cutout.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Not sure I understand your question since S&W has not changed the dimensions of the N-frame since they brought it out...I think they did make a few specialty guns with round butts, but the basic square butt remains the commonly seen variety. Most N-frame sized grips should fit your gun if it is a square butt.

My go-to parts companies are Sarco and Numerich (Gun Parts Corp.), but you could also find plenty of N-frame target grips on eBay, Amazon, etc.

3. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Sarco did have some in an ad several months back I think

4. Jeff700

North MS
    The grips offered by Smith & Wesson today are quite different from the grips of the 70's - 80's era. Yes, the newer model grips will fit, but they are not the same style or quality. I'm trying to locate a set of original grips for an N frame revolver from the late 70's.

5. Jeff700

North MS
    Thanks for the suggestion Rw, Sarco did not have any at this time.

6. BigNick73

BigNick73 Distinguished Poster

Brandon
  7. Hoot G

Hoot G Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Picayune
    ebay and gunbroker are where I picked up some a few years ago. Look at the photos carefully though. The stocks in the link above are "refinished." The checkering is sanded down and the profile of the bottom of the stocks are rounded.

I might have some left over from my S&W collecting days. I'll have to check. They generally run from $100 to $150 (depending on condition and grain pattern). I know I have a couple of sets of Presentation stocks, the smooth ones without checkering. Awesome figure in the wood, excellent to new condition. They run from $150 to $175. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll see if I can get some photos.

8. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter