Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good speed loader for a 6 shot 357? I carry speed strips but would like some speed loaders for the house.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
+1 Safariland

or you could have your gun cut for moon clips I guess

On the other hand...if you need more than 6 shots at the house and have not reached that shotgun or carbine yet...u in big trouble

speed strips are really pretty fast...if you practice using them

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its more for the wife. Peace of mind. I like the strips and am fairly efficient with them

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got an HKS today at surplus. Will check out safariland too if I can find one.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Practice with them and they'll become 2nd nature. The one time I needed one for real, I didn't even think about it and I had reloaded. BTW, I use HKS's.

A

·
0 Posts
I now need some speedloaders for my new S&W 686 SSR. Which of the Safariland models is the best, easiest and most convenient to use, the Comp 2 or Comp 3?

A

·
0 Posts
OK! I talked with a national Police and Bullseye champion and got his advice on the speedloaders. Safariland Comp III seems to be the top choice, as far as top level matches are comcerned. I also got some very good info on some additional tuning that I can do to my two new revolvers.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I use HKS but I bought 20 of them used at a gun show for $20 about 15 years ago. I have used them extensively and have never had one break. Safariland may be better but I have never used any of them.

Doug

·
Administrator
13,000 Posts
SMGJody comp III's are going to have more to hang on to. Other than that I think they are the same. I've got comp II's.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I've got 4 Safariland CompIIs from '92 that are just fine today. you hear about rotating ammo and speedloaders but it's all about care, storage and inspection. I had two on the range a couple weeks ago and they are fine. My HKS's are good also but I've always liked the push and release style. Just keep them clean.

A

·
0 Posts
I ordered the Comp III's. The guy that I talked to said the Comp II's are very good but , in his hands, the III's are faster because he can line it up easier.

·
Premium Member
14,564 Posts
Like Xd357 said.... the Comp III has a larger knob/handle to hold on to. The Comp II would be better for "carry"....

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a buddy ordered some from somewhere that are all aluminum. i will see if he can post up what they are...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts