close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Speed strips for .22wmr

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by GunnyGene, May 8, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Been considering picking up some speed strips for my LCR. Several brands out there, all about the same price. Any input on them quality wise?

2. locrawlr

locrawlr Distinguished Poster

I've been carrying Tough Quickstrips for years in .38 and .44 spl. I've found them to be reliable and remain pliable after many years. I can't see that there's any issues with their .22 product. If I was to make a purchase, that's what I'd buy. I've also carried the Bianchi .38 strips but I don't know if they make one in .22. I like them just fine, too. Just my .02

3. Joe S.

Joe S. Distinguished Poster

Clinton
    I have use the Tuff Products and Bianchi as well. I have not noticed any difference in quality. If you use them enough, they will all eventually break. But they are cheap and easily replaced. I try to keep three or four extra sets of each caliber on hand so when one breaks I can just get another one out of the package

rigrat likes this.
  4. GunnyGene

Thanks. I reckon I'll stop in at Gary's tomorrow and see if they have the Tuff strips in stock. I did find out that there is a slight difference between the .22lr and .22wmr strips due to the larger wmr rim. Also Bianchi doesn't make strips for either .22lr or .22wmr from what I could find out. So that kind of limits the choice.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Joe S. likes this.
  5. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Can't remember my brand right off hand but 1 broke and one hasn't so guess like Joe said eventually they all will.

6. Joe S.

Joe S. Distinguished Poster

Clinton
    For sure. I use them a lot. I even carry rifle cartridges on them for my single shots.

7. GunnyGene

Got some strips today from Tuff. .22mag and .38.

Spent a little time trying them out in my LCR (.22mag). I like 'em. Just taking my time I was able to unload and reload the cyl. in about 6 sec. :) Decided to load them as shown rather than 10. :)

[​IMG]