Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source of inexpensive 308 plinkin' bullets, and found these:

Reloading Supplies

Good price per round, but I am not sure I want to commit to buying 1000 of them first thing. So far, I haven't found any for sale in smaller quantities. Has anybody else loaded these with good results?

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Speer makes fine bullets...have shot a ton of them. The TMJ design, not being an expanding projectile, would be mainly useful for shooting at targets or where you had to have penetration, but I'm sure it would be plenty accurate for your plinking use once you find the right charge to put behind it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speer makes fine bullets...have shot a ton of them. The TMJ design, not being an expanding projectile, would be mainly useful for shooting at targets or where you had to have penetration, but I'm sure it would be plenty accurate for your plinking use once you find the right charge to put behind it.
Yes, the application here would be on targets (paper and sometimes steel gongs), not game. I used to use pulled surplus projectiles for this kind of stuff, but it seems to be harder to find and more expensive lately.

Distances of 300 yards and under, so I don't need the highest BC possible. As long as they aren't grossly inaccurate or prone to cause reliability problems in a semi-auto. (fouling, mis-feeding, etc...)

If I really want high BC and accuracy, I could just pay $$$ for highly-engineered match-grade micromissiles from Berger, Lapua, or Hornady - but then I couldn't afford to shoot as many.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
If your use to pulled Bullets you should expect these to be better. I haven’t used these but would expect them to be at least a 1.0 to 2.0 MOA bullet. I would be surprised if they are not at least 2.0 MOA. Again this is a guess based on other Speer Bullets I’ve used.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts