close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spring

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by canebreaker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

Getting things in line for the spring, I think I need a pair of rear shocks on my truck. I go online to all the local part stores, they carry the same brands. The brand I picked will cost me $75 to $95 with tax depending on which store I head to. I then go to an online vendor, they are at a great price. After adding shipping they will be $59. I check at another online vendor. The price is a bit more and includes shipping. I have a pair ordered for $47. Now wait for them to arrive and a good day to install.

2. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    If I don't need auto parts right away, I usually order them online, most of the time you can always find the same part for less even with shipping.

Blondie70, bucmeister and Mesquite like this.

3. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have ordered from and been pleased with RockAuto.com

Blondie70, BasMstr, Hoot G and 5 others like this.
  4. JohnDeere

JohnDeere Deplorable

MS
    Check the forecast, it’s supposed to be 7 degrees next Tuesday in north ms

Blondie70 and LeansVeryRight2016 like this.
  5. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

6. canebreaker

Auto anything is where I found them. I was told and sawn a link saying they are Auto Zone's warehouse across the USA. Parts may ship from many locations.
    A while back I needed the parking brake bands for my truck. Local were $100, they had them for $28 shipped.

Blondie70 and LeansVeryRight2016 like this.
  7. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

I buy alot of my parts off amazon and rockauto.
    Amazon I usually find the better price and if it's prime I get it in 2 days. Then if there is a problem they will ship me a new part and pay for the shipping for the return. Never had an issue with them.
    Now ups, fedex, and usps has serious problems gettin the packages to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Blondie70 and bucmeister like this.
  8. canebreaker

I bought some stuff from ebay in October from China. Delivery date Dec 05 thru Jan 08 without tracking (Demand tracking on packages even if it cost more). The package showed shipped then days later a message from ebay, seller has been removed. On Jan 09 I sent a message, where is my package, how long must I wait past delivery date since it shows shipped. Ebay sent an email saying my paypal would show a credit within 48 hours. No message from paypal yet. Shows they want your money, but doesn't want to return it.

Mesquite likes this.
  9. cruiser

cruiser Distinguished Poster

I owned a NAPA for many years and sold it about 10 years ago. My dad had a repair shop so I grew up around the business. Quality and knowledge over zone, advance, ect was our advantage. Glad I am not in the business any longer. Mom and Pop stores of all kinds disapearing from America. I think everyone will miss that fellowship one day-I already do.

10. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I order online fromall the usual, but, I think I've mentioned in other threads: are we shooting ourselves in foot with regards to mom and pop stores. Guess time will tell.

JohnDeere, Blondie70 and cruiser like this.
  11. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Buggy whip makers suffered the same fate. Gee I miss them.

Blondie70, canebreaker and BasMstr like this.
  12. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I thought I was out of some $$$$ with an ebay deal gone bad. They told me I was out of luck....but.....later on, I got the refund in full. Some guy was faking a store or something. E bay and Paypal did good in this case....it does take a while for them to work it out looks like.

Leonidas, Mesquite and BasMstr like this.