close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield double barrel 30-06??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by boogerbear, Apr 27, 2016.

1. boogerbear

boogerbear Distinguished Poster

Anybody heard of these? Good bad? Don't see much on them

2. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Never heard of it. Do you have a photo?

3. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Looks like it would be a model spr22, imported from Russia.

4. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Back about 1978 or so there was a company sleaving Savage and Springfield (mainly the 311) and other double barrel shotguns to make double rifles or cape guns (combo rifle/shotgun) out of them. As I remember it cost around $300 per barrel and they offered .30-40 Krag, .30-06, and .45-70 calibers with the -06 costing a little more because the extractors took more exact fitting. I shot a 12 gauge / .45-70 once and it worked pretty good...the sites were set for the .45-70 at about 75 yards and the 12 gauge hit close enough to be useful hunting deer or hogs with 00 buck shot. I would assume that this is one of these if its on an American-made action.

I also recall Remington importing some double rifles made in Russia in either .30-06 or .45-70. I put in standing orders for one of these in .45-70, but never was able to get one. They were supposed to retail around $1,000.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    22lrfan likes this.
  5. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Those russian guns are being imported again, i think the company that brings in wolf ammo is doing it. I saw something about them in shot show coverage but do not remember the specifics.

Vick likes this.
  6. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

I'll have to check again! :) I've ALWAYS wanted a double rifle, but could never afford one of the really good ones!

7. boogerbear

boogerbear Distinguished Poster

Well I have a guy I was wanting to trade a 9mm ar with. Have $200 worth of mags but he claims his is 1200-1300 new and thinks it's still worth it. I found a couple for 750-800. He said he is having trouble selling it because nobody knows what it is and if you can even get replacement parts. Wanted me to throw in $200 and I just don't see it.