Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, I bought a used xds from a pawnshop. It was in great shape other than it was like someone poured a gallon of syrup in it. I broke it down all the way. I got it all cleaned up and put back together. My grip safety does not work now. It fires pressed or not. I know its not assembled right. Any ideas or help, please?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
Before you bought it you verified that the grip safety worked? Did you only do a basic disassembly of it like just removed the slide from the frame? Take it back apart and then slowly reassemble it making sure of it as you go.
While you got it broke down check the rcvr and make sure you can't see anything broken , grip safety, trigger ect...

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before you bought it you verified that the grip safety worked? Did you only do a basic disassembly of it like just removed the slide from the frame? Take it back apart and then slowly reassemble it making sure of it as you go.
While you got it broke down check the rcvr and make sure you can't see anything broken , grip safety, trigger ect...
I had it 100% broke down. Every spring and anything I could take off. I'm positive it is a spring in wrong or something like that. I just don't know where I went wrong. I've taken it apart a couple times.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,147 Posts
I had it 100% broke down. Every spring and anything I could take off. I'm positive it is a spring in wrong or something like that. I just don't know where I went wrong. I've taken it apart a couple times.
Not sure if the videos I posted will help but they say complete disassembly so maybe they can help. Probably a spring not right.

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
The man in the video has small hands. Probably makes it easier working on pistols. He knows the Springfield XDS for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts