Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for all my fellow MSGO members as a heads up. This Thursday the 10th at the Academy in Flowood, they will be lifting the 2 box limit and going to a 4 box limit on handgun and rifle ammo. I know for some people it's not worth a trip for just 2 boxes so figured I'd give the good news.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
So now 22LR will last 5 minutes instead of 10 lol.

I have bought my share there...but I buy to shoot...not resell at scalper prices.

I await the photos of freshly purchased ammo on the car seat at 2 or 3 times what was paid for it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That's good news!

I'm still not buying at these prices but hopefully the guys that are buying up everything will hurry up and get over it so prices can get back down.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, per some insiders in the industry and their predictions I've heard as early as around September or October. I personally feel closer to November or December with January or February being the latest time frame. Of course, all it'll take is for Joe Biden to fart hard enough and people will get whipped back up into the crazy state.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Fwiw...this was last Tuesday in flowood. I snapped the pic to send to a bud...and no...didn't stand in line lol

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,958 Posts
So you can't just be inside shopping then walk up and grab a box off the shelf and then go check out?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah okay. So the line is In the store then?
Not so much anymore. During the height of the pandemic there was often 30+ people at the door before we opened. Now... Maybe 2-8? Get a few trickle in before lunch time but nowhere near the insanity or volume. If there's enough people we'd give out tickets and go in order. Usually can get through the morning crowd in under 10 minutes.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
The prices from what I can make out are still in the high range. Not astronomical but still high.

Reactions: BladeZealot
1 - 19 of 19 Posts