Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Stevens model 311 .410 3" magnum double barrel in a pawn shop. It was probably made sometime in the 60's or early 70's. It is in decent shape but is plain jane with some finish wear. It was listed at $399.00 but the guy at the counter offered it at $325.00 otd.

I am not up to speed on the Stevens shotguns. What kind of offer should I make for it?

Thanks for your time.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,256 Posts
$325 is a decent price, the few that are on Gunbroker are $450 to $899

Reactions: Quickeye

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it might be a decent deal. These are nice folks so I may pick it up in the morning or just put it on layaway.

BTW, they have (2) worn looking Ruger Mk I .22 pistols listed at $199.00 each. One of them has target sights and old wooden grips with Ruger emblems. Did the early Mk I pistols have factory wooden grips?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Solid 410 doubles are fairly rare to finds. If it locks up tight and shoots, it is a good investment. The early Ruger 22 autos had wood grips. I don,t know about all of them but my first Ruger pistol buy was a Ruger with wood grips and a red eagle.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
$325 is a great price. I've got a pair of .410 SxS's and both were more than that many years ago.

Reactions: Cliff731

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Twangbanger,

I will likely get the .410 tomorrow and will try to get some pictures of the early Rugers.

The Ruger with the wood grips has an adjustable rear sight. Its' front sight is so tall that it looks ridiculous.

Jason

·
Waffennarr
8,874 Posts
That's a good price, as others have written, if the action is tight, nothing broken, I'd snap it up! The Rugers sound interesting too.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Yeah the .410's don't come up for sale to often. I have one in a 20 gauge that has the 26" barrels with improved and modified chokes and it looks brand new. You don't see these very often as most of them were 28" barrels with full and modified chokes. I bought it a few years ago from a guy in Texas.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Premium Member
20,397 Posts
Now, just where was this pawnshop??? :D

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Good deal on that 410!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts