Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read about Savage Stevens getting back into the shotgun business. Well I have owned older Stevens shotguns for most of my like. Anyhow ,I ordered one last week. I am impressed and got more for the money than I thought. It is all black, .short barrel, pistol grip, has a heat shield that rides over the barrel, 12 gauge. It is the Stevens 320. I thought that it would be a great home defense shotgun. By the looks of it, it would serve as a deterrent to an escalating confrontation..Suggested retail for this version is 276 bucks. I got it for less, but I,m not telling how much.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
china? I've been researching the vast aray of Chinese and Turkish imports for a good bit trying to get the perfect 20g on a budget. I think for china made guns the H&R pump 20g is a close as I can get for under $200. there are sooo many differen't trade names and importers on these china/turkey guns it is hard to know what you are looking at online.

i'm trying to save up for a Mossberg, but $300 is a lot to pay for a shotgun that only does what a $150 shotgun does!

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can find a good used Mossberg 500. I have seen some that were not taken care of but with a little tlc can be brought back to good condition.I was going to buy a couple used Remington 20 gauges last week. I will call and see if they are still available.Buddy did not mention them when I picked up the Stevens and I was in a hurry I thought that the Stevens guns are made in Turkey.
I like 20 gauge guns also..I think that I have a older Savage/Stevens Pump in a 20 put up that I ran across a year or so back in really good shape for the age.Those older pumps are built like a tank.

·
Super Moderator
9,197 Posts
i'm trying to save up for a Mossberg, but $300 is a lot to pay
Have you considered the Mossberg Maverick 88? From what I read, they are virtually identical to the Mossy 500, save for a pinned forearm and a cross-bolt safety (vs. tang safety on the 500). Something like 99% of the parts interchange. Parts are made in Mexico, and assembled in Texas (Maverick county -- hence the "Maverick" name). Available new from Academy for $189, and probably less if you shop around.

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
the savage pump might be turkey, I know the 310 single is supposed to be china made.

I really like the safety on the mossbergs, the 510 mini is what i'm really wanting to get.

yea maverick is on my list. I think $200 for the youth 20g with 22". the mini mossy already has an 18.5" barrel threaded for chokes so that is a big plus ,for me anyway :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts