Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Stock Refinish

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  robertm 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember I painted my Savage 10 FCP gunstock a month or so ago with webbing. I wasn't satisfied, removed it, then the stock REALLY looked bad.
http://www.msgunowners.com/general-firearms-discussion-f16/new-toy-t10039.htm

I had it dipped in multicam pattern. Got it back today. Dropped it off locally on Monday and picked it up today. Much better than shipping it off somewhere.

What do yall think now? Better?
I've got a scope for it on the way. Putting a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 that Natchez Shooter Supply has on sale for 149. It has really good reviews so I think I'll be pleased. I do need to get a bipod for it also.

If anyone is interested, Liquid Graphyx at Stegall Body Shop in Jackson did the dipping. They charged 120. I'm also getting a set of pistol grips done the same camo. They were 25.

IF you go to have anything done, they are huge on referrals. Please tell them Robert McCaffrey referred you via the internet because I had pictures posted of his work. He keeps track and if you send him some business he'll take care of you on your next job.

See less See more
#10 ·
They said they would warranty it for life of the rifle. They said to make sure I didn't get any cleaning solvents on it or get them off quickly if I did.
Nah, this one will be shot at the range and maybe taken hunting every now and then. No hard use at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.