Subversion of Law?

Discussion in 'Mississippi Gun Laws' started by Chris Boyd, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Distinguished Poster

SW MS
    IMG_0599.JPG Warren County Courthouse, Vicksburg, MS. Isn't this a direct subversion of the MS State Constitution and firearms laws?

bucmeister and rigrat like this.
  2. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Go on the AG's site file a complaint and should get removed. All of them doin gjust that I have heard of have been removed by order of the AG.

3. Chris Boyd

SW MS
    I've just visited the site. Looks like I'll have to download a copy of the complaint form to sign and have notarized. You would think in the digital age, the AG's office would make things a bit easier. But if I have to do things like it's 1999 then so be it. Anything to get this garbage under control. The same thing's going on in Forrest County, Hattiesburg, MS.

4. bucmeister

bucmeister Distinguished Poster

SW-MS
    Believe the reason you have to print it out to be notarized etc is because it is you that is filing the complaint rather than the "law" taking it into their hands just as you have to file a trespass complaint even if the warden catches a person on your property.

Deals like this infuriate me. If the AG is made aware it should not take a citizen having to file an official complaint but rather the AG's office should take it on their own and see it to the proper solution.

94LEVERFAN, NRA_guy, rigrat and 6 others like this.
  5. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Rick Ward is always after these signs.

6. gunluvinatty

gunluvinatty Distinguished Poster

The AG is going to punt on your complaint because it involves a court order rather than a city or county sign/ordinance. Rick Ward's lawsuit on this issue is pending before the Miss. Supreme Court.

7. bucmeister

bucmeister Distinguished Poster

SW-MS
    And I hope with every fiber in my body he WINS!!
    If he doesn't prevail then it will fall to the Legislature to further clarify the law so that it is no longer left to any deviant, perverted, and twisted interpretation which is what I feel these judges are doing.

8. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

The law is pretty plain, simple, and easy for (me, at least) to understand. These holier than though bastards just want disarm us peasants. I ain't complyin.

bucmeister likes this.
  9. DPD02

DPD02 Active Member

It has already been ruled on that a judge has the right to restrict carry ONLY in his court, not the building that the court room is in. Our circuit judge tried that and it got removed within 2 weeks.

10. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

Hey, it says that they are only prohibiting "weapons of any king."

That lets my weapons off the hook. :)

(It's obviously a typo, but wouldn't you think somebody would read such stuff before they signed it for posting?)

turable.shot likes this.
  11. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

I'd say just about every county courthouse containing a courtroom has these signs. It's OK for unsupervised convicts to wander about in and out of the courthouse carrying hammers and axes while law abiding people have no right to their safety.

12. Chris Boyd

SW MS
    The courthouse here in Pike County, where I work almost every day, has signs which say "No Firearms Allowed. This does not apply to licencees under (enter CCW/ECCW statute here)". The actual courtrooms have metal detectors which you have to go through, same for the Board Room for the Supervisors when they are meeting. The back offices which connect to the judge's and court secretary's offices and witness/meeting rooms, is kept locked, accessible only to authorized personnel. This change was made following the new laws for CCW/ECCW. Prior to that time, the signs simply read "No Weapons Allowed". The only county in the state, and I work them all, that has actually gotten it right.

13. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

A few years ago Shelia took my brother to court. She had my Colt 45 in her purse. She just forgot she had it. We had a good laugh.