Sunday Spring cleaning and organizing of the Japanese display

Discussion in 'Mil-Surp/C&R/Black Powder' started by burb1989, Mar 18, 2018.

1. burb1989

burb1989 Distinguished Poster

Saucier
    I spent a good chunk of the day reorganizing and cataloging all of the items in my Japanese display and I finished earlier this evening. Keeping track of serial numbers and overall condition of 14 rifles, 1 handgun, and 7 bayonets can be a pain but it's fun as I get to handle all kinds of items. I also did some dusting and reorganizing of the "smalls" and of the various pieces of gear though for the most part they just ended up back where I had them except for two new "smalls" that found a good home in the display: an original Japanese ammo pouch made from laminated canvas instead of leather and a clip filled with original 6.5 Japanese ammo that a friend of mine gave me. I also found that I have a shortage of bayonets as those haven't been appearing at shows as much and trying to find one on ebay for a reasonable price (sub or at $100) is next to impossible as most sellers are putting even the extremely common ones above $100, which is too high a price for them. Hopefully I can find some wandering around one of the shows. Anyway hope you all like what I've done with the display.
    image481.jpeg
    image482.jpeg
    image483.jpeg
    image484.jpeg
    image485.jpeg
    image486.jpeg

2. JohnDeere

JohnDeere Deplorable

MS
    very nice guy!!!

rigrat and Jarhead5811 like this.

3. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

4. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    Nice collection!

Have you fired the Type 94 Nambu?

5. burb1989

Saucier
    Sadly no but my great uncle who brought it home from Burma did keep it in its holster this entire time so the finish is near perfect. Because of that I would hate to mar some of the finish off (some has been lost on the magazine) and the ammo's hard to find and expensive. Maybe when I get richer;).

Jeff700, Jarhead5811 and Quickeye like this.
  6. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  7. oldguns

oldguns Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Ellisville
    How hard is it to find just a sheath for a Japanese bayonet?

8. burb1989

Saucier
    By itself the only place I could even find one is ebay. They just don't pop up at shows.

oldguns likes this.